Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Grindhouse Games (Incursion) gone?  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Grindhouse Games (Incursion) gone?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 08:47:14 AM »
Talked to Jim Bailey over email a couple of weeks ago, he said that the demand for Incursion stuff had pretty much dried up. I also mentioned the lack of SoTR games played by myself and others recently and he thought Dust Tactics would suck up most of the Weird WW2 gaming. I wasn't too sure, i still think "skirmish" sized games are having an upswing and outnumber the larger games.

Jim said there were no real plans for new stuff for Incursion, he had ideas for other projects but nothing immediate. It's too bad since Grindhouse Games are great guys and deserve better, but both Jim and John seem to have been caught up with real life stuff.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:31 AM »
 I am sure if some new miniatures were released on a regular basis it would keep people interested.Still a few unit types not out which people are waiting for.

Dust tactics could be taking quite a bit of the market from them due to no releases.A really hard thing to judge.

Just trying to get some forces together and get some games in.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
@Manic Miner - you have to make a distinction between Grindhouse Games (Incursion) and West Wind (Secrets of the Third Reich).

Regarding Incursion:

Which unit types are missing? They released all models needed for Incursion.
West Wind manufactured the "Drohne's" while Grindhouse handled everything else.

From what I could understand the demand was too low for such a small indie company as Grindhouse to invest in new miniatures continuously. Same thing with expansion books.

Regarding Secrets of the Third Reich:

There are a bunch of units not yet released, some of them have been showcased over a year ago (small and medium Spider Mechas for the Soviet army). Not sure what the delay is there. West Wind have been busy the last year with Empire of the Dead and from what I know based upon my contact with them - the Forged in Battle stuff is selling like hot cakes. Naturally for a small company with limited staff West Wind have to give priority to things that sell and bring in cash, I never felt as if Secrets of the Third Reich ever really took off on a desired scale. It was, back when it was at its peak of popularity, still an obscure game and even then there were games like Dust and Gear Krieg and AE WW2 which competed for everyone's attention.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »
 Anatoli are there pictures of the small and medium mechs for the Soviets?

I was looking at the Doomsday book which has miniatures for use in both Secrets of the Third Reich and Incursion.Seems like I am getting the two games mixed up for there.

It is a really hard market at the moment.Small businesses are popping up all the time.Not sure how well they are doing.I do know my sales are not what I had hoped for.Still love doing the show's as it gets me out and about.Great to chat with like minded people.

Would love to get a Comissar and flamethrowers for the Soviets.The Brutes would be nice too.

Still got my starter forces to paint and get more games in.Need to find a good balance.Your force run downs really help too.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »
Yeah all the spider mechas are for the Soviet's. The "funny" thing about the spider mechas is the accidental omission of added point cost to those walkers. They are pretty much indestructible with 6-8 limbs each compared to regular 2 legged walkers. This caused quite a lot of concern but I don't think it was ever resolved.