Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:18:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690823
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Goons giant ongoing Old/Weird West project...at long last updated 01/18/14..  (Read 6909 times)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
Hey guys, I've been on here for awhile now & thought I'd finally try & share some of my work. A few quick notes, I am very new with the picture taking, hopefully this will improve! I don't do pupils. In all my years of painting I've never painted one I was happy with  >:(. Anyway, here's the first few of what I hope will be many, Billy the Kid & Bohannon (If anyone knows how to make these photos a more reasonable size please do  :?)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:17:43 PM by goon3423 »
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Picture quality is good :)

Remember, autolevels is your friend ;)

Nice painting too. I never cared about painting pupils either, no one sees them anyway from one feet way!

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
Those are two mean looking hombres!  :-*
The paintjobs make them look really sinister!

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
Very nice.  :-*
\\\"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon \\\'em.\\\"

-William Shakespeare

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Great paint job!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
they look nice, but you should try pupils, the 1st figure looks almost like a zombie, maybe shadow rather than white for the eye?

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
Great job on those figs. As for the eyes I like them but a glowing red would make the top fig look deranged.
Never tell me the odds.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Really nice pjs. I agree about the eyes although I do persevere with them...so many paint jobs are ruined imho by google eyed pupils.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
Thanks for looking guys, I appreciate all the C & C. Here's two more additions: my Robot Deputy & probably my favorite hero mini Rooster!

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
very nice, wheres the robot from?

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
very nice, wheres the robot from?
Thanks. The robot is from Rattrap Productions. I had bought the pack he came in to use one of the other minis for a Jonah Hex conversion but once I had him in hand I couldn't wait to paint him up!

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
Well it's been a while to say the least, about 10 months ago my wife & I had our second child. It was a gorgeous baby girl this time & I'm sure as most parents in this hobby know my painting has fallen way, way behind. Anyway I thought I'd try & snap a few new pics during nap time so here we go!

First up is the Hanging Judge Moses Moore, I used the Malifaux Pale Rider as a base with some heavy conversion. I think the lights I used are giving too much of a yellow tint though. The next is a converted dwarf with no name. I replaced the pistols he had with six guns...I won't lie I just liked him because he looks like Yosemite Sam  lol. More to come!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
 :o don't want to get on the wrong side of that judge! He's one scary looking dude.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Missed this thread the first time around, so glad to catch it this time.
 8)

Some great figures in there with wonderful paintjobs.
Love that Judge, gonna have to check out what the original looked like some time.
 :-* :-*

As for resizing pictures: I am not sure how you are placing/hosting these, but if you were to use photobucket this would work....

Click on 'modify' on one of your posts and it will show you the text that you have used and also give you the dimensions of the picture in the description link.
Just alter the dimensions, reducing the width and height proportionately.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Excellent work on that judge, very impressive.
So many projects..... so little time.......