Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:48:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kulten On Kickstarter?  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
Re: Kulten On Kickstarter?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »
Kickstarter only allows the use of a credit card as payment options

Not true, I use debit card which takes the payment from bank account.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:15:08 AM by Relic »

Offline Ssendam

• Scientist
    • Ssendam's Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »
I'd support a Kickstarter release ... just make sure you have those stretch goals ready, you'll need them!
"I've been a soldier for 12 years - it's my profession.  But if a soldier doesn't want peace in his soul then he's not a soldier any more - he's a killer.  A soldier fights for peace." Nadia Savchenko

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »
I have no idea what a  Kickstarter campaign is, can any one explane please.

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »
Please remember, that not all of us have a credit card, or other means of international payment. Kickstarter is good for a guess if there is a market. I'd be very dissapointed when my local trader doesn't get one for me because it was only availbable on Kickstarter, or only for a too short period of time after the release. (that happened to me with the Fate Deck, and both Shocking Tales issues  :'( )

Far less active than I used to...

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »
My wife is gonna kill me for all the Kickstarters I've backed, but heck ya I'll give ya my money for a KS campaign.
In hoc signo vinces

Offline Ssendam

• Scientist
    • Ssendam's Blog
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »
I have no idea what a  Kickstarter campaign is, can any one explane please.

Visit : http://www.kickstarter.com/

There are similar sites but essentially ... If you want to do/make something and you are not sure how popular it's going to be you can start a project and ask people to pledge money to it. If you get enough people ("Backers") pledging money then the project will get funded and you can go ahead safe in the knowledge that you have the minimum amount of interest you need.

People that pledge money usually get something in return; typically it's the item that's produced. Differing amounts of pledges usually gain greater rewards and projects that get over funded usually provide "stretch goals"; in other words the extra money it put into more benefits for the backers. If a project fails to get funding no one gets charged anything.

Quite a few companies have been using sites like kickstarter to minimise thier risk, of course Kickstarter takes a percentage. Some of the over funded projects are mind blowing, check out OGRE.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »
Thanks for the link Ssendam.

Offline Yetis Yell

• Librarian
  • All Gamers Must Die
    • Sarcophagi
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 08:30:41 PM »
Uncle Mike,

Sounds like you may have image concerns with this or be worried about the impression it gives your audience? I think the image is fine. I wouldn't know what to say about the financial part of KS since there is no standard of comparison with the outlay you had with SA and what KS may entail (or relieve, as hoped). I'm guessing it makes sense for you or you wouldn't have asked.

All of that said, if you think it is less risk and a better product for all of us then I'd say that's a vote to use it. I'm not seeing a downside to this yet.

Good luck either way. I'll keep making terrain for the game while you decide...  ;)

Yeti
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:33:24 PM by Yetis Yell »
Check out my blog Sarcophagi: http://sarcophagi.blogspot.com/

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 09:38:36 PM »
Not true, I use debit card which takes the payment from bank account.

Same thing really - you have to type your card number in.  I still lost $10G from credit card fraud even though my card was a debit card.

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »
 Haven't backed a KS yet, though looked at a few. Think i would back Kulten as a KS, though will probably pick it up regardless.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »
Thanks guys. I just wanted to know what people thought about the idea...not sold on it myself as I don't know enough about it either way. From a production point of view it could really help with the print runs being bigger. Still not sure which way we will go but I am grateful for the support!