Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690630
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Crossover Miniatures Open for Business!!!  (Read 13020 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Crossover Miniatures Open for Business!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »
I did try to back RustI but was too late to the party. Appreciate where you're coming from, and hope fully the head shop will be up soon. Be good to get a UK distributor too, make it cheaper to order bits and bobs.

Cheers

The commander.

Oh and thanks for the pm appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:44:03 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »
No worries Commander, I'm working on a UK stockist as we type, just waiting on a bill from the casters to et his bill ready, then we will begin getting him stocked.  Not sure how long it will take him to get up and running though.

Be sure not to miss our next running Kickstarter!  I'm hoping for an October start! :)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »
Ordered mate. Cheers.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »
I'm trying to do the best I can with what I've got.  It's very expensive to get head sprues made, and I am a small fry.  If sales ever supported it, I would gladly make them available separately.

You get every head with the heroes, but as the goons are much cheaper to buy, but no cheaper to produce, you have to choose one head ( unless you backed the project through Kickstarter ).  In a few weeks, I'll set up a "head shop" for the spare goon heads.

I hope you're able to get what you are looking for in the range.

Rusti

Make good business sense.  If I was big into Supers I would be ordering more than I "need" indeed.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 11:02:35 PM »
Got my stuff in the mail today...actually got yours and some Superfigs I ordered from FRP Games that same night and arrived on the same day.

I am going to do some reviews on Crossover and the other stuff on my blog Dice of Legends!

Plus I am going to tinker with an idea of using magnets for head swaps...I also have some Pig Iron heads I am playing with that promises some interesting swaps!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 03:45:52 AM »
I just posted a few review items about Crossover if people want to learn more about the miniatures.

Namely I did a few posts about the "many faces of X"

This was just a simple snap with a different head from another figure on a different body to show how things could be when you swap heads about.

Really this is a sleeper to me that people still do not see all the cool possible mix and match ideas from the figures.

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 04:34:25 AM »
Great work Styx, that must have taken ages to photo!  I know, I've been doing the same thing for a while, it's fun isn't it!   8)  Really glad you like them.  I'll have a proper read soon, it's 11:30 at night here and it's been a long day.

I can't wait see some great painted examples of the possibilities with the heads.  So far Jay is the only one to mix and match to any extent, there's so much available that I haven't even thought of yet.

Thanks again, hope you have some fun painting them!!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »
No worries Commander, I'm working on a UK stockist as we type, just waiting on a bill from the casters to et his bill ready, then we will begin getting him stocked.  Not sure how long it will take him to get up and running though.

Be sure not to miss our next running Kickstarter!  I'm hoping for an October start! :)

Make sure to give it a long run, I would like to invest in some but sometimes they fall at a bad point. If it is something very cool, let us know in advance so I can save my pennies....the problem with the Oct launch is we are on a cruise late Oct to Nov for our anniv. and my wife's Bday...

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »
Great work Styx, that must have taken ages to photo!  I know, I've been doing the same thing for a while, it's fun isn't it!   8)  Really glad you like them.  I'll have a proper read soon, it's 11:30 at night here and it's been a long day.

I can't wait see some great painted examples of the possibilities with the heads.  So far Jay is the only one to mix and match to any extent, there's so much available that I haven't even thought of yet.

Thanks again, hope you have some fun painting them!!

Thanks, the main thing I am working through is perhaps using magnets to do head swaps to make the most out of your line. if the mags don't work, I was thinking of blue tac or some other pegging option.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 03:39:47 PM »
Thanks, the main thing I am working through is perhaps using magnets to do head swaps to make the most out of your line. if the mags don't work, I was thinking of blue tac or some other pegging option.

Try pinning but without the glue stage.
Long pins would work better, obviously.
 ;)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »
Try pinning but without the glue stage.
Long pins would work better, obviously.
 ;)

I was looking at that, the problem to overcome there is making it snug enough to hold the pin but easy enough to remove without falling out as you move the models. My only solution so far is to drill the holes to the same size, then go with a brass rod to fit the hole, use green stuff to even up the depth of the hole to the same length to the pin to keep it snug.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »
I was looking at that, the problem to overcome there is making it snug enough to hold the pin but easy enough to remove without falling out as you move the models. My only solution so far is to drill the holes to the same size, then go with a brass rod to fit the hole, use green stuff to even up the depth of the hole to the same length to the pin to keep it snug.

Have you considered poster buddies. It's real sticky and you'd only have to push a tiny bit into the hole for a pin to stay put.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 04:56:01 PM »

That UK stockist is great news. Right now, ordering from the US is a nightmare here in Portugal - everything gets stopped and taxed at customs.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »
Have you considered poster buddies. It's real sticky and you'd only have to push a tiny bit into the hole for a pin to stay put.

Yea, Blue Tac is what I call it, it works great but dries out over time. That has been an option also....

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 06:32:42 PM »
Jollybob, you are the first to brave international shipping for a single fig, so I popped a little something extra in there.   ;)  The little guy looked all lonely.

Well that's mighty generous of you, thank you very much!

I must say though, I think your International Shipping is very reasonably priced. Was happy to stump up for a small order, which I've not done with some larger companies. Hats off to you.  :)