Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mutineer British infantry in sun helmets  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Mutineer British infantry in sun helmets
« on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:06 PM »
Two more packs for the Mutiny : rank & file plus command, both in airpipe helmets. Mike Owen sculpts as usual.

Mutineer's been rather quiet over the past few months : due to health and family reason, Mutineer founder Brian Sweeney has decided to retire from the wargaming world, but the company will be taken over by some of Brian's associates. Below are the official blurbs lifted from the Mutineer newsletter :

"Dear All Mutineer customers

It has been three years since I started Mutineer miniatures, in that time we have produced the most comprehensive Indian Mutiny range of figures on the market. I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting and dealing with many of you. The pleasing thing for me was that many of the figure designs came from your ideas, so you are all involved in this great range. We did not stop there we developed a modern 20mm range again with customer help. Sadly for me this is all coming to an end, my failing health and changing family work commitments and recent family bereavement require me to move over and allow the new team to take the business forward. I am retiring from the wargaming world with great regret, and would like to thank all of you for supporting Mutineer Miniatures and hope you continue your support as the new team drive the new ranges forward. The company is in good hands and will continue to make super ranges of figures. I hope you will all support the company as you have in the past.

Brian Sweeney"

"Dear All Mutineer customers

I am Mark Henderson one of the team taking over from Brian, I have been part of Mutineer for over two years and have met a lot of you at the shows we have attended over the last couple of years. We hope that we can contine the good work that Brian has done and provide good customer service to all our customers. Over the next couple of weeks we will be changing our website and will email all our customers with the details. We will also be releasing 5 packs of our 20mm Islamic range. Pictures of these will be on the new website. Or see us at Claymore

Mark Henderson
"

This means the projected China/Taiping rebellion is unlikely to see the light of day, unless Mike Owen intends to carry on with it nevertheless. Dunno if more additions to the Mutiny range are in the pipeline : guess we'll find out about that in the next few months.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
Re: Mutineer British infantry in sun helmets
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »
Well you never know.Maybe the new guys will take over and really get the ball rolling like when the company first started.
I'm hoping anyway as  I really like their figures and would like to see a couple more packs of the airpipe helmet guys.
Pete

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 11:19:29 PM »
The range could also do with a pack of British infantry in shirts worn outside of the trousers HM 52nd style. Oddly enough, Mutineer have a command pack for these (EIC05) but no rank and file.    
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:26:19 AM by Arthur »

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 03:36:30 AM »
Oh, that would be a shame if the Taiping wasn't done right! Been waiting ages for that one.
M

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 06:35:41 AM »
Well I badgered Brian for these from day one so I had to order them and unlike a lot of the new shiny toys that have been catching my eye of late they are sensibly priced.

I do hope the Taipings are still going to happen too
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline jazbo

• Librarian
    • My GNW Project Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »
Just ordered from Mutineer, hope the changeover doesn't slow the postaqe of orders down!
My Great Norther War Project Blog: GNW Gaming