Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:59:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Steam Marvels for Her Majesty(Gaud Bless 'Er)  (Read 5376 times)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
New Steam Marvels for Her Majesty(Gaud Bless 'Er)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 07:39:14 PM »
The first Regiment of Curassiers will ride around in a heroic manner waving their swords about and talking about invading Poland etc, the 2nd Regt are now equipped with steam tanks!

Meanwhile the 1st Regiment of Dragoons have just been re-equipped as torpedo lancers - armed with spar-torpedo lances. They will heroically charge any wheeled or tracked vehicles they see, while other dastardly inventions like the Killer Kan will attempt to saw the legs of British walkers :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline lethallee61

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »
"Look I says to 'is Lord high and mighty, I din't join the infantry to go digging 'oles all over the battlefield. And do ya know what ee says to me? Ee says - You'll be glad of all dese 'oles you've dug when one of dem walkers goes and sticks it's foot in one, won't ya?"
Enjoying the game is ALWAYS more important than winning the game.

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 06:10:53 AM »
Quote from: "lethallee61"
"Look I says to 'is Lord high and mighty, I din't join the infantry to go digging 'oles all over the battlefield. And do ya know what ee says to me? Ee says - You'll be glad of all dese 'oles you've dug when one of dem walkers goes and sticks it's foot in one, won't ya?"

Look here, good sir! I find it highly improbable that an officer in Her Majesty's (God Bless Her!) Army would speak in such a deplorably low manner, even to a private soldier! Harumph!

Besides all that, ever since I invented the Greyson Patent Vibro-mine - another fine product from XCIV Laboratories - the giant walker has been a threat of the past. Why, merely stepping within a twenty yard radius of a Vibro-mine would spell certain doom for the offending leg, and then the walker topples. The walker topples over, and sets off another detonation, destroying the main portion with ease.

Holes indeed! Harumph!
J

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 08:34:31 AM »
Quote from: "XCIV"
Quote from: "lethallee61"

Not an officer but a mere corporal
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)