Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Agent Mathyoo, reporting for duty!  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
Agent Mathyoo, reporting for duty!
« on: July 23, 2012, 12:07:14 PM »
Yay, my books have arrived from Black hat miniatures today!

I was lurking the pages for quite some time, resisting the temptation...and got dragged in at last!

I have only made a first look, I am very satisfied, looks like other people were telling the truth about simply how great the books are!

There are few thing that I'd do differently, for example, solo rules are more like guidelines and don't really tell you anything new...but that is not a problem, as I don't plan on playing it solo too much :P.

Second complaint is about lurker profiles. I much prefer the informative lists from main book and I just have to ask here...what are night stalkers supposed to look like? What monster are they based on? And same for degenerates, if anyone has any tips? I know I can use anything, and that is a welcome addition, but it'd be nice to know what I'm looking for, hehe.

I haven't read trough the books yet, but I've read about the plot points... the plot points can only be purchased once each. So I can have drug crazed cultists only once per what, a game or a campaign?

Thanks for help, and I might as well advertise my blog at http://mathyoo28mm.blogspot.com/ that will now slowly be gaining some SA related posts!

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
Re: Agent Mathyoo, reporting for duty!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 01:18:37 PM »
Plot points - once per game.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »
Welcome aboard, Mattyoo!

Dragged in at last, eh?
I know the feeling.
I Lurked around the fringes for a few months before my weak will gave and my Resolve slipped.
Now I am trapped, and you too as well, it seems!

It is nice in here, though.
Trapped in a warm cosy, bubble of insanity, babbling away to oneself, painting strange things that will only get stranger as time progresses.....

Shut up, Mason. You are babbling, man!

They are great books and it is a great system.
The flexibility is what really appeals to me.
I am not as au fait with the Cthulhu universe as some on here, so my knowledge is a little lacking regarding the Night Stalker.
I am just finding stuff that I would like to use and giving it an 'appropriate' profile from those listed.
Some things are obvious, but there is even some debate about what things are meant to look like as different authors and artists have different ideas.
That is why I chose my British setting, I will use whatever I feel is 'right' for me.
Just wait and see my Tcho-tcho!
 ;)

Anyway, welcome aboard, mate.
Enjoy your stay, for it seems that there is no way out....

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
Hey welcome aboard...

On how a model looks, that is part of the great thing is nothing set in stone for some things...you can see several companies out there that render some of HP Lovecrafts monsters slightly different. Depends on how you see them from the books writings...

That said..this guy does a great job and I enjoy his blog...if you are looking for a visual guide of sorts.

http://yog-blogsoth.blogspot.com/
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
Welcome!
I think they keep their descriptions vague so you can use whatever you think is best.
For a degenerate i'm planning on getting this one.

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »
Thanks guys!

Just played 2 games, the bag man and artefacts...went pretty slow, but its a start! When it was my turn to play lurkers, I just had to try mad scientist and 3 zombies for some serum :D

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »
The zombies/mad scientist team is fun.  Against a weaker Threshold team if you actually succeed in getting a blasphemous construct out...they're royally screwed. 
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »
The zombies/mad scientist team is fun.  Against a weaker Threshold team if you actually succeed in getting a blasphemous construct out...they're royally screwed. 

They certainly are!
That happened to Bert in one of his games......and he was!
Poor fella.

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 09:19:52 PM »
Not this kind of luck in my game. Managed to kill one, get nothing on the other and double move on the third. When we were playing test games, zombie was pretty useless, but here, they were holding their ground. There is so much lurkers, I got problems thinking what to play with!

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 09:27:48 PM »
I know, lots of variety, and thats not even including scenes of horror, plot points or SA magazine stuff hehe.

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »
We've played quite some games now, and I got few further questions.

1. One game we played, my brother's mad scientist managed to turn all 3 zombies in B. constructs (and was only turned face up by te rage :D). Is there any restricton, that you can only have 1? :D

2. If agent 1 takes resolve test against FEAR that construct A causes, does he have to take another for FEAR that construct B causes? What about FEAR that lurker from other type would cause? What exactly is meant as "different situation"?

3. And I have found a lucky idol as an artefact. Do I have to equip it to the agent who has found it, or I can give it to someone else? Can I take it after few games from one person and give it to another one?

4. Lastly, in a game with those blapshemous constructs, all of my agents got a major injury. One left untouched, my character treats all the lurkers as hideous and fears them, one got crippled and a civilian died. I get to reequip. I had 11 BASE points by now, with dead civilian dropped to 10. Did I did right to buy another agent, getting my BASE points to 11, but equipment added so my team is now 20 points worth, compared to 18 before the civilian died. That is okay, right?

Thanks for help in advance!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
We've played quite some games now, and I got few further questions.

1. One game we played, my brother's mad scientist managed to turn all 3 zombies in B. constructs (and was only turned face up by te rage :D). Is there any restricton, that you can only have 1? :D

2. If agent 1 takes resolve test against FEAR that construct A causes, does he have to take another for FEAR that construct B causes? What about FEAR that lurker from other type would cause? What exactly is meant as "different situation"?

3. And I have found a lucky idol as an artefact. Do I have to equip it to the agent who has found it, or I can give it to someone else? Can I take it after few games from one person and give it to another one?

4. Lastly, in a game with those blapshemous constructs, all of my agents got a major injury. One left untouched, my character treats all the lurkers as hideous and fears them, one got crippled and a civilian died. I get to reequip. I had 11 BASE points by now, with dead civilian dropped to 10. Did I did right to buy another agent, getting my BASE points to 11, but equipment added so my team is now 20 points worth, compared to 18 before the civilian died. That is okay, right?

Thanks for help in advance!

The way I see it is as follows:

1. I dont think there should be any restrictions, the chance of getting all 3 into BC's was 215-1!
It will be a long time before that happens again...
There is twice the chance of killing a Zombie rather than making a Construct.

2. Different situation is a new Fear-causing opponent. No reason why an Agent should be immune to the second one. Facing one Fear-causing creature is one thing, facing two is another matter entirely!

3. I see no reason why you cannot choose which agent gets the Idol but once an agent an agent has been given a Lucky Idol he should keep it.

4. Once an agent has died, and your team's Base Points drop below 15 you can re-equip.
You can 'buy' as many agents/civilians as you like to take this Base point total up to 15 again.
You can also add as much equipment and weapons etc as you like, taking their Build total up to any point.
It does not matter how much this is as the Lurker player will have the same amount of points to spend, so be careful if you dont want to face anything too hard!

These are my interpretations, and I may be wrong and await confirmation or correction from others.
 :D

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
Thank you!

another quick question  :D

If I roll "9" to wound a model with constitution 5 and 3 wounds (for example), does he lose 1 wound and that is it, or does he lose all 3 of them (as I am 4 points over his constitution) and I roll on injury table with +1 modifier for 1 point over his constitution? I've read this was said on the forum somewhere, but I can't see it in the rules, as they only refer to having damage higher than constitution for last wound?

I'm totally in the game, and my little brother is way more interested than I could ever imagine, it is fun indeed :D

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 07:24:12 PM »
5 wounds once, 6 wounds a second time, 7 takes away his 3rd wound. You now roll on the injury table with a +2 due to your 8 and 9. If he survives, from now on anytime you roll a 5 to wound you will roll on the injury table as he has 0 wounds. 6 or higher will provide a bonus to any injury table roll based on the total above 5. Hope that makes sense.
Mike D

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 09:57:28 PM »
Thank you, it does! This helps with the game balance, as we've played it wrong and multi wound models simply dominated the place!