Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:35:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Another figure from Crossover Miniatures (updated with some more 8/7)  (Read 3975 times)

Offline jdeleonardis

• Librarian
This is the body of Whiskers (and what a body it is!  ;) ) and one of the heads from Fury.  I present BLACK CAT!  (obviously, influenced a bit from Cat Woman from Dark Knight Rises)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:12:15 PM by jdeleonardis »
Check out my blog The Raptor's Nest

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
Re: Another figure from Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »
AHA, the first mash-up to make it to the net!  Thanks for Posting this Jay!  I've been so set on painting up the basics to show off, I haven't had time to play around.

Brilliant stuff! :D

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »
Very cool, I was looking at swapping some stuff for Wiskers and Fury also....great job there!

Looking forward to being able to order my stuff on Friday!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline jdeleonardis

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
Thanks very much guys.  So many very cool figures - great job Rusti!

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:07:40 PM »
Awesome, I really dig what I've seen of the Crossover minis so far.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:14:35 PM »
Just great  :-* :-*
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline jdeleonardis

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »
Finished a couple more supes from Crossover last night:

Omega One

Live Wire

Next up, a group shot of all of the Crossover minis I have done in the past month or so (Im totally in love with this range - more please Rusti and Soapy!):

Finally, a shot of what im considering my first super team (sorry, there is a non Crossover mixed in there!).  No team name yet...

Thanks for looking!

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Re: Another figure from Crossover Miniatures (updated with some more 8/7)
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »
Awesome! :o

I'm getting a sort of Watchmen vibe from this group. I think Omega One's moustache reminds me of The Comedian…

Great job!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »
Great work! Very nice, looking forward to getting my lipped bases and getting some paint on my stuff (once I can primer, damm humidity in Florida).

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
Next up, a group shot of all of the Crossover minis I have done in the past month or so (Im totally in love with this range - more please Rusti and Soapy!):

I'm trying!  Soapy is an in demand guy and I'm luck to get to work with him when I can.  We are starting the next round in September.  The greens should be done at the end of the month, then I'm hoping to gear up the kickstart.  I'm hoping folks that are happy with their models will jump in and get some cheap ones out of the kickstarter this time.  I think showing how successful it was and the quality that we put out will do the trick.  The next kickstart will be slightly more ambitious, though only slightly.

Finally, a shot of what im considering my first super team (sorry, there is a non Crossover mixed in there!).  No team name yet...

Less of that apologizing!  :)  There are only so many mini manufactures out there, so we should be supportive of each other!  I started this little venture because none of them met my needs, but I respect the fact that there are some fantastic models out there that we don't make.   8)  I suppose world domination would be a much more suitable goal though.  :)

Great work on these, I love Livewire!  Great use of color scheme and paint on her, a totally different feel than I get with the combinations that I've tried!

Nice use of a goon head on the Super Soldier as well.  Just fantastic overall! :-*

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 03:51:25 PM »
I'm trying!  Soapy is an in demand guy and I'm luck to get to work with him when I can.  We are starting the next round in September.  The greens should be done at the end of the month, then I'm hoping to gear up the kickstart.  I'm hoping folks that are happy with their models will jump in and get some cheap ones out of the kickstarter this time.  I think showing how successful it was and the quality that we put out will do the trick.  The next kickstart will be slightly more ambitious, though only slightly.

Less of that apologizing!  :)  There are only so many mini manufactures out there, so we should be supportive of each other!  I started this little venture because none of them met my needs, but I respect the fact that there are some fantastic models out there that we don't make.   8)  I suppose world domination would be a much more suitable goal though.  :)

Great work on these, I love Livewire!  Great use of color scheme and paint on her, a totally different feel than I get with the combinations that I've tried!

Nice use of a goon head on the Super Soldier as well.  Just fantastic overall! :-*

Please make it a long run, I would donate but I need to keep an eye on our personal budget also...I would love to see round 2!

Offline hendybadger

• Librarian
  • Dreaded Supreme-Badger of the High Seas
    • Tales of a Tabletop Skirmisher
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 08:04:23 PM »
Those Supers look amazing!
And Im looking forward to seeing more from Crossover
My Blog - Tales of a Tabletop Skirmisher (link)
Inculdes Pulp City, Deep Wars, Dystopian Legions and loads more!

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
Really great looking team so far!

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:36 AM »
Please make it a long run, I would donate but I need to keep an eye on our personal budget also...I would love to see round 2!

Thanks Styx, start saving your coppers, we're planning on an October start.  Last time I ran the Kickstarter for 40 days, but I'll definitely go shorter this time.  My nerves can't take another 40 day stretch, and I think the extra time added nothing to the process.  Most folks back in the first few days and the last few.  There was a two week period in the front end and a week period in the back end with NO growth.  So, I'm thinking 30 days, I'd like to go 25 but I'm not that brave.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 12:51:57 AM »
Well, if anything teaser here the pledges to help in my savings account!

IMO you should target 6 weeks. In theory that gives most people 3 pay periods to pledge. If you think on average the typical joe gets paid every two weeks (some weekly and others monthly) but the average seems to be that. That is why I think you saw a two week drop there between, because well that was my bet a hard income time (first or last of the month rent, car payments, student loans and such)....just factors to consider...