Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Sin City Project (Yes, more Standees.)  (Read 9622 times)

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My Sin City Project (Yes, more Standees.)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »
I ordered a hardcopy of The Department yesterday. Blade Runner has always been one of my favourite movies and I really like the concept of combining noirish 40s style with a grim near-future reality. If I find the rules appealing, I might continue work on this project. The problem will be to add futuristic things like spinner cars and androids into the game world I have created seamlessly. The first thing I plan on doing is to built a noirified (tm) version of the "Interceptor" vehicle by World Works Games / Mel Ebbles and see how it looks on the table. It might prove difficult to explain the existence of a 1930s sedan next to a flying police car! :)

Offline Stavros Banjo

• Scientist
  • I despise normality
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »
My copy of "The Department" arrived last week. Not really had chance to give it a thorough read through yet but it all looks promising so far.

The one thing that did make me twinge a bit was it looks look a lot of civilian figures formed into crowds are needed to make the game truly shine. You could well have a new 'standee' convert on your hands here, Cherno. Always given card/paper figs a wide berth in the past but your Sin City project looks awesome. Might give it a try myself for The Department rules. The other advantage with using standees, of course, is that my Mrs won't give me grief about buying more lead  :D
...and what fresh new hell is this?

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 10:44:25 AM »
Thanks for your comment! I thought about the civilian crowds required (three crowds AFAIK) and what I plan to do is make large round bases and just stick a couple of civilian standees on them. This way they can just be picked up and moved easily. I might even use them without a base for a more realistic look. Six standees per crowd should look about right if other models should still be ableto move through them. That's 18 civilian standees just for that purpose... hmm! I think I need to find someone who has the excellent Mega Miniatures civilians painted and make him or her shoot some photos for me! (hint hint!) :)

On a related note, I did something similar for my All Things Zombie Project. Everytime the number of zombies on the board would get too big, I would just replace a bunch of them close together with a simple counter that would move around representing the group. A D20 on top would show the number of zombies still in the group, which could decrease or increase due to gunfire and more stray zombies joining it's ranks. Again, this is something I imagine would be included were ATZ sold as a elaborate boardgame close to the TT version.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 10:38:57 PM »
My copy of The Department arrives yesterday and it looks promising enough. I'm currently working through the rules. I have yet to decide wether I will stay with the contemprorary buildings and streets of I should get WWG's Street of titan for soem moe Sci-Fi streets with VTOL markings etc. Either way, I plan to build b&w version of those nice hovercars they sell für 2.50 USD a piece.

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=product&product=172

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=product&product=157

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=product&product=153

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:40:59 PM by Cherno »