Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:52:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looks like WWI gamers are going to be spoilt this year  (Read 7361 times)

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
Looks like WWI gamers are going to be spoilt this year
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 01:03:44 PM »
Dear Le matou Rouge,

I think that Tiger Miniatures is planning some askaris / polizeitruppen without the neck cover. He has informed me some time ago that is thinking of a whole new range !
argsilverson

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 08:06:15 PM »
Hi Folks,

Smaller Sideshows of the Great War that have not been covered and thanks for eluding to Togo, Cameroon and Banana Wars.

There is of course German South-West Africa. Tsingtau (China) You have the British expedition to Dar Fur. French West Africa(Tuareg revolt in the Southern Sahara. Do we count Shiraz and Transcapia too in the mix. New Guniea campaign by the Australians or the Japanese landing in the Carolines Island.

Whatever that is released I'm sure will amaze everyone :o

God Bless

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2008, 12:11:56 AM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"
Quote from: "Helen Bachaus"
Right! Were is the soap and water :lol:

:lol:  Its sour grapes, really I want them to finish their Swashbucklers, more Meso american natives and Europeans, Elizabethan English, Irish and Scots (maybe one Welshman for Poly) etc :oops:  :mrgreen:

Hmm!

And what's this about GW WW1 rules, do I live on a different planet? Just checked my location Mars, that could explain it. :lol:
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2008, 12:24:51 AM »
Quote from: "twrchtrwyth"

:lol:  Its sour grapes, really I want them to finish their Swashbucklers, more Meso american natives and Europeans, Elizabethan English, Irish and Scots (maybe one Welshman for Poly) etc :oops:  :mrgreen:

Hmm!

And what's this about GW WW1 rules, do I live on a different planet? Just checked my location Mars, that could explain it. :lol:

Yep loosly based on 40k, there will be supplements too so early war, late war I would expect Russian front and Gallipoli for certain

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2008, 12:28:23 AM »

Hmm!

Yep loosly based on 40k, there will be supplements too so early war, late war I would expect Russian front and Gallipoli for certain

Where did you see this? I know they'd been playing around with Colonial rules.

Offline pbeccas

• Librarian
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 12:39:51 AM »
What about something interwar like the French Foreign Legion v Arabs aka "March or Die"?  Have Osprey covered that?
There will be no Dunkirk here. If we have to get out we will fight our way out. There will be no surrender and no retreat"
Australian General Les Morshead. Hero of Tobruk.

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2008, 09:45:19 AM »

Hmm!

Where did you see this? I know they'd been playing around with Colonial rules.

I spoke to Rob Broom at Warhammer Historical late last year.  He confirmed a set of WW1 rules with 5 books covering all(?) theatres of the war.

I seen to remember him suggesting April as an initial release date (though I may be mistaken).

They were keen to get the first book out this year for the 90th anniversary of the end of the war.
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline pbeccas

• Librarian
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2008, 10:22:20 AM »
[And what's this about GW WW1 rules, do I live on a different planet? Just checked my location Mars, that could explain it. :lol:

Rob Broom explains the new WWI rules on below link, his post is about half way down the page.

http://wabforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2266&start=20

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »
And, of course, on the Warhammer Historical Webside
http://www.warhammer-historical.com/news.asp
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2008, 10:45:35 AM »
From the link

The rules are developing nicely, they use 40k as a start point, but then have new things added and some things taken away to give some character and feel to the game.

To say I am getting quite excited is an understatement. The damage on my credit card tells its own story  .

We are working at battlion level so the smallest unit on the table is a platoon, represented by approx 6-12 models (different countries have different variants so we need to cover that) plus you then have support options such as HMGs mortars etc etc.

Using this level allows you to focus on the actions within the huge offensives as refighting the Somme is impossible as a table top game using 25mm soldiers as its a 4 month campaign not a one day square off (and most gamers want a couple of hours gaming, with nicely painted soldiers on nicely made terrain)

However, even on the Somme, there are literally hundreds of actions worthy of recreating on the table top. (Usually involving woods, villages or high ground.) and thats what we have gone for, although the rules in the first volume focus more on the open style actions of 1914 and 1918.

Relase, mid year, and there will be several books covering various theatres of the war

(Foot note, you could create the Somme on the table top with miniatures if you have time space and the will, but its more worthy of a board game, ideally fought alongside Verdun, to give decisions where forces are deployed.)

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
"I think that Tiger Miniatures is planning some askaris / polizeitruppen without the neck cover. He has informed me some time ago that is thinking of a whole new range !"

I've seen it happen. :) It seems given enough time he'll fill just about every niche of his chosen period.
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.