Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: new member  (Read 5445 times)

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:08:12 AM »
Hi all,
I'm new to the Forum, I have look at it many times and found your forum very interesting.
I'm from Italy and I much like British and Italian Colonial.
I have huge collections in 28mm  ranging from 1879 to 1930.
I hope to post some of my figs soon.
nice to be here.
cheers
Piero

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:43 AM »
hi, your period of interest is not going to be out of place on here.

post them pics and let us see them
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:37:41 AM »
Hello Piero !

And all other new guys here too !

Björn
, ,

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:58:16 AM »
Indeed. I am really looking forward to seing your 1930 italian colonials.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »
Hello, Can't wait to see some photos :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 12:49:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum, lookng forward to seeing your collection

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »
Ciao Piero, sono un tuo 'vicino di casa' da Malta - ti troverai bene qua.  :)  :)  :)

Offline Maldegen

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »
Salve Piero,

benvenuto!

I hope you have a nice time here at the board. I'm into Colonials as well, mostly Darkest Africa from Foundry. I'm starting to paint them.

I also love Roma! It's a wonderful city!

Arrivederci, Ralf

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 09:14:58 AM »
Hi all,
first thanks for the great welcome you gave me.
well I'm wargaming from childhood as many of you , and as I told you I have a great collection of figures, ranging from the old Willie,Suren, to some less known manufacturers from USA and Italy.
unfortunately I have not pics of my armies , as most of my pics are not digital and of course of poor qualities, but I'm  doing and in a couple of days I'll let you see some of my collections.

I have an huge list of figures ranging  from the NWF which is my favourite theatre of war, then Sudan, Boer and Zulu, now Darkest Africa and Central Asia armies.French in N. Africa, Spain, Portuguese, Imperial German, United States, and of course Italian Colonial .

Some of my figures are exclusive , I means expecially done for me many years ago, and I presume no more on the market.

but please wait some more days for the first shots.
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa305/pieropredator/wargame%20coloniale/CIMG0452.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa305/pieropredator/wargame%20coloniale/CIMG0454.jpg

I attached just two for the start
be in touch soon.
Piero

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »
Hi Piero,

some good looking figures there! I like the way you've done the bases - nice & rugged for The NWF, or Northern Africa.

I recognise some figures [Foundry] but others I'm not sure of. Are the Indian army figures Connoisseur or Hinchliffe, or are they the exclusive models you mention?

They seem to fit in well with Foundry & if Connoisseur, I must buy some, as they are quite cheap [like me  :lol: ]. I need quite a few Sikhs etc for my Darkest Africa re-inforcements.

I look forward to seeing your Italian forces, especially as you've posted some Abyssinians as a teaser  :wink:

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
Quote from: "Gluteus Maximus"
Hi Piero,

some good looking figures there! I like the way you've done the bases - nice & rugged for The NWF, or Northern Africa.

I recognise some figures [Foundry] but others I'm not sure of. Are the Indian army figures Connoisseur or Hinchliffe, or are they the exclusive models you mention?

They seem to fit in well with Foundry & if Connoisseur, I must buy some, as they are quite cheap [like me  :lol: ]. I need quite a few Sikhs etc for my Darkest Africa re-inforcements.

I look forward to seeing your Italian forces, especially as you've posted some Abyssinians as a teaser  :wink:

Hi well probably you have seen my Abyssinians army in My Collection/ Colonial

some of the figs of Indian army are old Willie and some Ted Suren, some are Connoisseurs, to which figs are you referring exactly?
in any case I try, over the week end to make a shot with all different manufactures I have in my collection.

Piero

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »
Quote from: "Shikari Sahib"

some of the figs of Indian army are old Willie and some Ted Suren, some are Connoisseurs, to which figs are you referring exactly?
in any case I try, over the week end to make a shot with all different manufactures I have in my collection.

Piero

These:

or more specifically, the mounted British Officer & the three sepoys.

The Officer has the look of Connoissuer to me & im hoping they do Sikhs too.

cheers,
Ian

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »
Quote from: "Gluteus Maximus"

Piero

These:

or more specifically, the mounted British Officer & the three sepoys.

The Officer has the look of Connoissuer to me & im hoping they do Sikhs too.

cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian,
well first of all , how I could  post the pic without using photobucket or similar? as you have done?

the sepoys are Willie 30mm, the officers foot and mounted version are both Willie 30mm, the foot officer has a modified head, by me.
the horse is Tradition 30mm;
the center pathan fig is Tradition 30mm the other pathans Willie 30mm;
the servant in white is Willie, the British in white suite Foundry and the British Officer in the extreme right is Copplestone.

Connoisseur figs are compatible with Willie and Tradition figures. all are a little higher than normal 25 mm, but quite on the same high with actually 28mm.

Many years ago were the only figs available, now we can choose in a big basket, but I'm in love for those old Willie.

I'll try to post some Connoisserurs figs , sepoys soon.
Piero

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 04:11:06 PM »
[

Hi Ian,
well first of all , how I could  post the pic without using photobucket or similar? as you have done?

the sepoys are Willie 30mm, the officers foot and mounted version are both Willie 30mm, the foot officer has a modified head, by me.
the horse is Tradition 30mm;
the center pathan fig is Tradition 30mm the other pathans Willie 30mm;
the servant in white is Willie, the British in white suite Foundry and the British Officer in the extreme right is Copplestone.

Connoisseur figs are compatible with Willie and Tradition figures. all are a little higher than normal 25 mm, but quite on the same high with actually 28mm.

Many years ago were the only figs available, now we can choose in a big basket, but I'm in love for those old Willie.

I'll try to post some Connoisserurs figs , sepoys soon.
Piero

Piero,

it took me a while to work it out, too :?

Its actually quite simple. You find the online image you want. You then right click "copy image location" on it. Next, on your message click on the grey "img" button above the text screen, then paste the URL of the photo. Finally click the " close tags" text below the grey URL button. Hopefully, when you preview your message you will see the pic included in your message. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid that's the limit of my tech knowledge  :lol:

There is an explanation in Alex's FAQ section, which is probably easier to understand than  my ramblings.

Thanks for the figure info. Im glad to see the Wille & Tradition figures, as I was unsure about them. They appear to look fine with the more modern Foundry, so i may look into getting some of them as well as Connoisseur.

Cheers,
Ian

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 04:13:57 PM »
Keep in mind that when you want to show off a lot of large images at once, it might be better to skip this function, because it can get irritating to readers when all those images have to load. If you still do it, an "image heavy!" warning might be in order.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino