Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:07:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Scratchbuilt, Whitewash City built, & Desert Village mod  (Read 2756 times)

Offline longagoigo

• Assistant
Scratchbuilt, Whitewash City built, & Desert Village mod
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:11:21 AM »
This is my first post here, as I've just found the site, although I'm often over at TMP Old West.  I've been working with miniatures for just a few months now, but have been somewhat prolific.  While deciding on which Whitewash City models to get, I made several of the Shadowwolf buildings.  Then bought, downloaded and made some Desert Village models for towns along the Mexican border.  These may one day get redone, as I learned a lot while making my WC buildings.  I've also bought figures from ScaleCreep, Knuckleduster, and Old Golory 25s.  My first scatchbuilt effort was a 'warehouse under construction" to give a feeling of a town still growing.  Other things I've made are a two level fountain for the Mexican village, bridges, a goldmine entrance, a clothesline, a riverboat, 3 docks/wharfbuildings, and a Boot Hill hill.  Since I already have a 2nd story shack on posts above a dock, my next project may be a 2 story riverfront warehouse that sits half on land and extends out over the dock (like the shack).  I've documented my progress over these several months and the photos are on Yahoo Flickr under (people search) 'longagoigo'.  If the link appears below, it should take you to my most recent town w/riverside view.  Most photos have comments, which you'd need to click on if you wanted to read everything.  However the easiest and best way to view them all (without comments) would be to do the 'View as slideshow' in the upper right side.  This will take you through various towns, construction steps, and vignettes.  
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21600846@N03/

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:25:11 PM »
nice nice. very nice and nice. :D  :mrgreen:  i like your setup. the first big one in slideshow is the best. have you written a tutorial for your docks by any chance.?
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline longagoigo

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 10:39:12 PM »
I guess I should do a step by step for the next one, but my efforts are really equivalent to those of Bill in Unforgiven.  Some sense of what I do can be seen in the photos of the riverboat, except I distressed the edges of the wood planking for a worn look for the docks and dock buildings.  Not waiting for the glue to dry before going onto the next step is also a secret technique for that 'cowboys trying to do carpentry' look.