Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:59:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690578
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bob Murch Figures  (Read 9916 times)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 09:12:09 PM »
I think it depends on the size of the package.

My first one went through no worries.

My second for less value got caught just unlucky. The figures are worth it no matter what. I just love them.

His service is awesome. And he chats in e-mails too.

A top top guy.

Dodge

Offline muppetman

• Librarian
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 12:43:02 PM »
Ok..I'm not a very lucky sort of chap when it comes to this type of thing, so if (when) my oder gets pinched by the man, is it going to be lots of hassle??
or will cost me and how much (best guess)?? how did it go down for you fellas??

I know, i know, i'm a pain. You just want to sit and paint... :lol:
Its not my fault! it just went off!!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 12:53:24 PM »
Each time I order Pulp figures I order 8 - 10 packs to make it worth while (this was when he was doing his buy x and get another pack free deal I don't know if he is still running this deal)
Every time the order arrived with 5 days and I did not get stung by customs.

If your order is not huge then you should be ok. The worst case scenario is the postie turns up and asks you to pay an extra amount in tax there and then to receive the parcel.Possibly about £20 extra, but it will depend on just how big your order is.

Its not a big deal, you will just have to pay the import tax. You can pay by credit card. The postie will have a swipe machine. :)

Don't worry about it, just get your order in and enjoy those lovely figures within the week, all the way from Canada :D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »
Quote from: "Argonor"
Quote from: "Operator5"
You actually have to get them from Canada (where Bob is).

He has no distributors at all. But from what I have heard from European buyers, his service is fast and easy.

I have to correct you, there.

www.miniaturicum.de sells them

I did not knoe this! It's good news!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 01:03:17 PM »
Quote from: "muppetman"
Ok..I'm not a very lucky sort of chap when it comes to this type of thing, so if (when) my oder gets pinched by the man, is it going to be lots of hassle??

I wouldnt worry I ordered £180+ from Eureka in Aus last year and fretted but it came through without a hitch, then I won £80 worth of Napoleonics which sods law turned out to be form the US (Still £50 under RRC) and got caught and had to pay £16-18 tax. plus a bleeding handling fee of around £6 which annoyed me more.

I think a lot of the US and other overseas guys have sussed out or been infomred of the best way to send stuff IIRC if you put a value of less $35 then they dont bother looking too closley

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"
Quote from: "muppetman"

I wouldnt worry I ordered £180+ from Eureka in Aus last year and fretted but it came through without a hitch, then I won £80 worth of Napoleonics which sods law turned out to be form the US (Still £50 under RRC) and got caught and had to pay £16-18 tax. plus a bleeding handling fee of around £6 which annoyed me more.

I think a lot of the US and other overseas guys have sussed out or been infomred of the best way to send stuff IIRC if you put a value of less $35 then they dont bother looking too closley

Bob split my Pulp order on his own initiative to dodge this. Good man!

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 01:46:27 PM »
In this civilized age, these postal tariffs and fees are almost enough to make you want to take up smuggling miniatures.

An unseasonable spring wind blows clouds across the silver face of the moon, but the sea is quiet enough for their work. A non-descript ketch, flying no flag, rides at her anchor without lanterns. Then, suddenly on her deck appears a single green lantern, which dips three times. A bonfire bursts into flame on the shore, silhouetting a line of pack animals standing at attention, tended by figures in great coats and scarves over their faces.

Now the sound of oars are heard, and a pinnace appears, rowing towards the surf. A figure leaps from the prow and wades ashore. The leader of the coated men comes forward.

"Do you sail from Canada?"
"Aye. Murch sends greetings."
"I hear it is unseasonably warm."
"Too warm for some, too cool for others."

The sailor waves to his comrades, and barrels and boxes are brought ashore and loaded on the waiting animals. The two men stand by the fire and count coins, taking pains not to look too closely at each other. The silver is loaded into the boat, and the pinnace returns. The bonfire is doused with sand and water.

In the morning, the dragoons will find this place, having spent the night in a fruitless chase across the moor. Their captain will rant and curse, for the Lead Adventurers have once again had their rendezvous....

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »
Quote from: "PeteMurray"
In this civilized age, these postal tariffs and fees are almost enough to make you want to take up smuggling miniatures.

An unseasonable spring wind blows clouds across the silver face of the moon, but the sea is quiet enough for their work. A non-descript ketch, flying no flag, rides at her anchor without lanterns. Then, suddenly on her deck appears a single green lantern, which dips three times. A bonfire bursts into flame on the shore, silhouetting a line of pack animals standing at attention, tended by figures in great coats and scarves over their faces.

Now the sound of oars are heard, and a pinnace appears, rowing towards the surf. A figure leaps from the prow and wades ashore. The leader of the coated men comes forward.

"Do you sail from Canada?"
"Aye. Murch sends greetings."
"I hear it is unseasonably warm."
"Too warm for some, too cool for others."

The sailor waves to his comrades, and barrels and boxes are brought ashore and loaded on the waiting animals. The two men stand by the fire and count coins, taking pains not to look too closely at each other. The silver is loaded into the boat, and the pinnace returns. The bonfire is doused with sand and water.

In the morning, the dragoons will find this place, having spent the night in a fruitless chase across the moor. Their captain will rant and curse, for the Lead Adventurers have once again had their rendezvous....

8)  :lol:  :D
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
You have it right there Pete, perhaps a Scarecrow lead adventure figure next?

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 02:07:29 PM »
Quote from: "Malamute"
Each time I order Pulp figures I order 8 - 10 packs to make it worth while (this was when he was doing his buy x and get another pack free deal I don't know if he is still running this deal)
Every time the order arrived with 5 days and I did not get stung by customs.

If your order is not huge then you should be ok. The worst case scenario is the postie turns up and asks you to pay an extra amount in tax there and then to receive the parcel.Possibly about £20 extra, but it will depend on just how big your order is.

Its not a big deal, you will just have to pay the import tax. You can pay by credit card. The postie will have a swipe machine. :)

Don't worry about it, just get your order in and enjoy those lovely figures within the week, all the way from Canada :D

You see that's what I wanted to say.

Mal has it about right. Make sure your order is worthwhile 8-10 packs is good. Get it shipped by air. It will arrtive in around 5 days both my orders did.

The import duty is no big deal and besides we have a great rate at the moment for US dollars.

Mal's postman is a lot better than mine. he stuck a card through and i went to pick up (lazy toerag).

Just go ahead and buy some you won't regret it. I haven't. :)

Dodge

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 02:13:26 PM »
Quote from: "hammershield"
Quote from: "Argonor"
I have to correct you, there.

www.miniaturicum.de sells them

I did not knoe this! It's good news!

Wow. Bob has always stated he had no distributors. Whenever you ask him about it he says to order direct from him. This is news to me. Good for those people over in Europe.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline muppetman

• Librarian
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 02:33:14 PM »
Thanks guys, your the best.. :wink:

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 01:50:57 AM »
One of my best friends moved from the US to British Columbia, where Bob Murch is.  He tells me that customs is less of a problem for him when having things shipped from other British Commonwealth countries to Canada.  But when he tries to get things from the USA he gets stung frequently.  Go figure! :mrgreen:
Sailors have more fun!

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 04:12:24 AM »
Quote from: "warrenbruhn"
One of my best friends moved from the US to British Columbia, where Bob Murch is.  He tells me that customs is less of a problem for him when having things shipped from other British Commonwealth countries to Canada.  But when he tries to get things from the USA he gets stung frequently.  Go figure! :mrgreen:

So much for the NAU. :wink:

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
Bob Murch Figures
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 08:28:18 PM »
Bob Murch saw this thread and asked me to post this:-

Unfortunately, due to the decline in value of the US dollar, which is by necessity to currency I need to price my product in, the free airmail shipping policy to international locations is no longer an automatic given-except for 4 and 7 pack orders. Now I have to request whether the customer is willing to pay an extra charge for air, otherwise I have to send it by surface rate mail . While I’d like to accept credit for fast shipping times, the reality is that all I can do is get the product in the mail promptly, usually on the next business day. The world-wide postal network deserves any credit after that for fast (or slow) delivery.

When it comes to customs, I usually undervalue the shipment so as to avoid or minimize charges to the customer. This is a bit of a gamble since I never know what they will do in their cramped and windowless customs offices. If an order is fairly large, it isn’t feasible to value it at $30 since it would be obvious to them that it is a false amount and they do have the power to assign a value themselves. Hence, a lowish but reasonable value is placed on the shipment. Vat may still be charged, but At least it’s for a lesser amount.

Regarding the next release, I am getting several projects together. Since my mould machine is in an (almost) unheated shop, mould making takes a hiatus for me during the coldest months. Casting isn’t a problem, but cutting a mould needs a moderate temperature so that the rubber doesn’t cool too quickly. It’s starting to warm now so I should be in there within the next few weeks. The Promethian Death Ray and Killer Robots are coming next. A Wooster and Jeeves inspired set is also soon to be posted. Boys from the Press and Cops with heavy weapons are coming. The rest remains a carefully guarded secret, unless I get a few too many bourbons under my belt.

Thanks again guys.  I hope this is as much fun for you as it is for me.

Bob Murch