Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 552
Total: 554

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Fireforge medieval thread. P31. Yet more Bobs!  (Read 126756 times)

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
Thanks. It is actually a little bit splodgy, but probably not so that anyone would notice from more than an inch away!  ;)

Outrageous, re-show 6 and 10!

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Thanks. It is actually a little bit splodgy, but probably not so that anyone would notice from more than an inch away!  ;)

Nice to know there's a bit of human fallibility behind all this gorgeous painting!  lol

Offline Paul

• Mastermind
    • Paulīs Bods
lol

His livery comes from the ape army's in Beneath the Planet of the Apes - a field purpure (well, pink anyway) with a fess sable ;)
He is therefore, William the Ape :)
:) Excellent idea.  I thought the name looked familiar...I had to read the original version of the book at school  :)
I knew the truck didnīt want to hit me...it had dodge written on the front

Paulīs Bods Blog
Federation of Bodstonia

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Outstanding as always Richard.  :-*

Glad to see it's not just me who likes silly names for figures. I blame the ads in White Dwarf when I was a kid.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks Rob.

Silly names certainly help make sure I don't start taking the whole thing too seriously  ;)

Speaking of silly names, Sir Guy de Mordant now has a horse...  :)

It's a Fireforge horse, so has a slightly peculiar looking chest / neck / head. Had I thought about it from the outset, I would have replaced all the Fireforge horse heads with spare Perry horse heads.
Still. it's done now. I'm just being picky...  ::)

Offline **GS**

• Mad Scientist
  • never enough time
    • Spitl.de
Uh, I really like your way of painting horses. I will try to copy it.

Please keep posting, as it constantly inspires me.

Greetings
GS
"You don't have enough magic in you to make cereals into breakfast!"Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
I was rather concerned about a Knight Bachelor sporting pink, it might give the wrong impression, ahem, however Guy de Mordants horse doesn't look too bad really, your painting technique masks any discrepancies in the sculpting department I think, until you see the brute head on and then you think 'Oh dear'. Not sculpted by the (this is where memory lets me down) Blind Hedgehog workshop of Sienna - in a bag, was it?  :o :D

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
Wonderful brushwork Captain! :-*

Christopher

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain

Amazing paintjob :-*
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Paul

• Mastermind
    • Paulīs Bods
I cannot even start to work out how you get the heraldic looking so neat!!!
Brilliant brushwork :-*

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
Re: Captain Blood's other medieval build thread (10 Sept. another finished knight)
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
It looks wonderful! :o
\\\"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon \\\'em.\\\"

-William Shakespeare

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Captain Blood's other medieval build thread (10 Sept. another finished knight)
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »
Thanks chaps.
I have to agree with Volleyfire I'm afraid. The Fireforge horses' hindquarters, bodies and legs are actually very good. But the chests are too barrel-like. the necks are too sinewy, and the heads themselves are way too pointy and bony looking. More like skulls than heads. Bit of a shame really, because these figures really don't look too bad overall, and they are growing on me. But the horses' heads...  ::)

I cannot even start to work out how you get the heraldic looking so neat!!!

With a very fine pointed brush, just keep touching in the opposite colour until you end up wiuth the outline you want  :)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2012, 07:58:37 PM »
Well... I can't tell much about the horse, except you painted it marvelously.

The shield is also fantastic!  :-*

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
Just as I master the black art of shield transfer application, painted heraldry comes back into fashion! Thanks Richard, thanks a lot  ;)

Gorgeous painting, and getting gorgeouser with every new post  :-*
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
Beautiful control of the lines of the celtic cross on the surcoat.

Absolutely
Top notch again
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill