Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:31:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690962
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Fireforge medieval thread. P31. Yet more Bobs!  (Read 126811 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Smurfs  ;)

Alas, not hopeful that I'll be able to get these foot variants finished and painted in time for our Sherwood outing the weekend after next. So don't count them into any plans!

More urgent figures are ahead of them in the painting queue, and hardly any painting days left...   ::)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Smurfs  ;)

Alas, not hopeful that I'll be able to get these foot variants finished and painted in time for our Sherwood outing the weekend after next. So don't count them into any plans!

More urgent figures are ahead of them in the painting queue, and hardly any painting days left...   ::)

You'll just have to make sure that they don't fall off their gee-gees  :D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
Just in time for me to see the potential of those Templars, Richard. I have them on my list for the Crisis show in November in Antwerp. They seem to be best choice for building the Holy Grail knights ...  ;D

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Yes, they'd be perfect for Spamalot Michael. Just the right selection of helmets too...
They do have potential - I think that's the right way of looking at them.
It's possible to produce some nice looking figures out of a couple of Fireforge sets (maybe with a sprinkling of Perry heads too ;))
Certainly hybridising the Fireforge and Perry Medieval sets is a good recipe for Westeros, and I intend (finally) to do a few of these.
I guess, like all plastic figures, how you put them together requires a bit of consideration to get the best result. More so than the Perry figures actually. Because they nearly always look good, no matter what you do with them.
I'm afraid that with the Fireforge figures, thanks to the somewhat overactive poses and slightly outsize weapons, if you just bosh them together straight out of the box without too much thought, they can look a bit spastical. But these foot figures are really pretty good. Better than a great many metals out there, that's for sure...

Online westwaller

• Mad Scientist
It's possible to produce some nice looking figures out of a couple of Fireforge sets

I think you have the hit nail right on the head with your assessment of the Fireforge Foot Knights, @Captain Blood. They have a lot of potential but you have to take care with the poses. I ummed and ahhed about getting some for quite a while and eventually snapped up a slightly reduced box (battered) of the Teutonic knights as the price was more in line with what I would want to pay for them!!

I am fairly pleased with them and feel that a lot of the images of them (including the 'official' ones don't do them justice really) I also was quite confused about the differing contents of each of the two boxes as the info is a bit confusing on the Fireforge site IMHO.

Yours so far look cracking (like all your other stuff) and I look forward to seeing these latest additions painted :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks  :)

Here, now under paint, comes Sir Jehan De Lambert of the Manor of South Park...

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
Those foot knights look fantastic...once again your ability to strike a very nice, lifelike pose shines through with these figures.  I think you could certainly teach many of the sculptors of these figures a thing or two.

Keep up the good work!

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Really nice painting!

Offline Paul

• Mastermind
    • Paulīs Bods
Sir Jehan De Lambert  :-* :-*
I knew the truck didnīt want to hit me...it had dodge written on the front

Paulīs Bods Blog
Federation of Bodstonia

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Glad you like him  ;)

Here's the next one, Sir William de Warenne (also known as 'The Timpo Knight', since his colour scheme and motif is based on a plastic Timpo knight I used to own circa 1970  :D)

And here are Sir Jehan and Sir William side by side...

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Have  you been painting nights ?  :D

I recall that green one, wasn't there white, red, yellow and blue as well?

Anyways: lovely job  :-* 8)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Being honest, I don't like the Fireforge stuff. My first idae was, that you waste your talent on this stuff. But with your "medieval eye" you gave them a special charm. Please, next your "Med-Eye" on gripping-beast-knights and crusader-knights.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:42:20 PM by NurgleHH »
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Lovely paints here. Also, I like your cadence on these... reminds me of my lack of time and low painting output :) That is, I'm assuming that you don't have a million other projects on the go and that you aren't in fact painting hundreds of figures per month ;)

Excellent, inspiring. Thanks for posting.

n.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Kewl beans. :D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
........and hot tamale, excellent work  :-*
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.