Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Fireforge medieval thread. P31. Yet more Bobs!  (Read 126797 times)

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men

Here's the next one, Sir William de Warenne (also known as 'The Timpo Knight', since his colour scheme and motif is based on a plastic Timpo knight I used to own circa 1970  :D)

I had that one too, he may still be in the loft come to think of it.

Jolly nice paintwork.

Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Ceaseless pestering from Snr. Malamute led me into succumbing to a box of Fireforge Templar infantry on special offer price at the SELWG show last Sunday.
So I have now made up dismounted versions of my company of knights...
(Happy now, Nick?! :D)

(Not that I'm planning on any of them falling off their horses - but just in case... )

Anyway, the helmets and shields in the Templar Infantry box are NOT the same as in the Templar cavalry box.
Plus, since I had begged, stolen and borrowed a few of the heads I used for my mounted knights, I didn't have duplicates of all of them
(I should have had duplicates, but inexplicably I seem to have mislaid a couple somewhere - much to my annoyance  >:()
So, a bit of jiggery pokery with heads and greenstuff was required. Meaning a couple of my knights have lost their great helms...
One or two of the shields also needed carving to get the shapes to match the mounted versions...
All in all - a bit of a fag... But I think they've turned out quite well.

I have to say the Fireforge infantry, whilst still a wee bit GW-stylee for my tastes, are a LOT better than the Fireforge mounted knights.
For one thing, having separate scabbarded swords is a much better way of doing things than the hideous moulded-on versions.
Also, having a few more components to play with from two boxes, lets you get a little bit more creative with the poses...  :)

These chaps now join the paint queue...  ::)

Hot diggity, these are an improvement to the somewhat disjointed and malproportioned looking predecessors. They could be a nice addition to my Knights Hospitalers...

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Okay, I now have some of my foot knights under the paintbrush. First up, the dismounted version of Sir Jehan de Lambert...

The figure's not an exact match for his mounted self - but close enough. I didn't have quite the right helm in duplicate, so had to bodge one. And his gear is slightly different. But overall, does the job.

I really should have gone back and looked at the mounted version before I painted the dismounted version, then I mgiht have got the leatherwork the same colour...  ::)
Ah well - I shall try harder with the others...

And here he is on horseback, to save you having to look back a couple of pages...  :)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Only a few more to go then  ;)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Very nice.
I like the idea of foot and mounted versions of characters and commanders.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks Mick. It's useful for when they get knocked off their horses by the peasants  ::)

Only a few more to go then  ;)

Yes, somehow I don't think I'm going to get dismounted versions of all 8 painted in time for Saturday's game - especially as we're all out BLAMMing on Thursday and Friday. But I hope to have 3 or 4 of them done anyway...

Not that I'm expecting anyone to get unhorsed this time, you understand. But just in case there's any siege action...  ;)

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
  • www.dalauppror.blogspot.com
    • Dalauppror Wargamingblog
Stunning!!!

:-* :-* :-*

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures

Not that I'm expecting anyone to get unhorsed this time, you understand. But just in case there's any siege action...  ;)

lol

I hope he and his three friends will be able to hold the castle all on their own. ;)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
I expect to have some lower grade troops available to assist ;)

:)

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
I expect to have some lower grade troops available to assist ;)

:)

Well thats a relief. :)

I am sure we will be able to accommodate you sallying forth for one of your glorious cavalry charges at some point. ;)

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
Let me know if you need any peasants or basic men at arms (mounted and on foot)...have loads painted up now for my own Robin Hood game :D

Giles

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Wow!! Let's say he does the job then.  :-*

Strikingly beautiful.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
that red is ace 8)
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline verd

• Scientist
    • El Senyor Verd
I seem to be late to this party. Really nice work on figures, coupled with some fantastic paintjobs and excellent bases.Top notch work!  :-* :-*

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Gracias Verd  :)

Next up, the dismounted version of Sir Gascon du Frottez, of the Holy Military Order of Arimathea...

He's got a Perry head plus a mop hairdo and mail coif from Green Stuff, since I couldn't match his great helm identically with the mounted version... He must of lost him helm when he got knocked off his horse  ::)

I quite like the blond mop. Reminds me a bit of the public school Guy of Gisbourne in 'Robin of Sherwood'...

And here he is still in the saddle...