Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulps and/or WWWII scenario in the works. The Bunker  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
Pulps and/or WWWII scenario in the works. The Bunker
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:17:37 PM »
I have been working on a new scenario for a few months that I plan to run at Whose Yer Con this year using Savage Worlds.
I know its really WWWII, but a few tweaks and its Pulps!

The goal is to get the Savage crew to put this up on their site for as a free 1 page scenario, just to get my name out there.

Anyway, here is a teaser.

Background:

Channel Islands, Caesarea, Circa 56 BC: As Gaius Julius Caesar fought his wars in Gaul, he set about  exterminating the Druids because they would not reveal their secret lore to him. The surviving Druids were driven to the far west  of Gaul where they found their final refuge on what are now known as the Channel islands. The High Druid, Diviciacus, set about fashioned a curse that would be brought down  upon the bearers of the eagle;  (the roman legions  led by Caesar). Initial Roman expeditions to the island of Augia did not reveal the hiding place of the high druid and the island was named Caesarea (Caesar’s island) by the Roman troops. It eventually became known as Jersey. Before the curse came to fruition, Caesar marched on Rome never to  return.  Diviciacus died soon after and was buried in a secret crypt below a shrine where the Romans could never desecrate his remains  if they returned. The ritual to complete the  curse of Balor was thus left incomplete and it fell out of the knowledge of man.  

Channel Islands, Jersey (Caesarea) , May 1944:  The Channel islands have been occupied by the German army since 1940 and fortified with defensive gun emplacements that overlook the English channel. The island of Jersey has a state of the art communication bunker and  listening post that  the Nazis are using to intercept radio traffic across the  English channel.  Due to the upcoming, top secret  “Operation Neptune”, our heroes have been detailed to take out this  listening post on the  shores of Jersey and find out if the Germans are privy to the operation.

What our heroes don’t know, is that Hitler’s henchman, Heinrich Himmler has ordered a group of his Occult  Nazis to  Jersey Island to research ancient Drudic magics. The group has taken up residence in the communications bunker and is using it as their base of operations. Having already unearthed information about the  Druidic curse of Balor,  they plan to use it in  their war efforts. Their plan is to reinact the ancient Drudic ritual  Boaldyn (Beltane, month of May) in an effort to call the demon Balor  from the abyss to inhabit a simulacra made of  human bodies.

The ritual to create the simulacra and call forth Balor involves a large wicker man filled with human sacrifices. The Germans have rounded up Jersey  islanders for this purpose.  Once the wicker man  is filled with victims, Beltane ritual will take place that calls the demon forth to possess the bodies housed in the wicker man.  According to the Arcane writings, the burning of the Wicker man  will cause the victims within to reform into a monstrous creature that Balor will possess. Before the actual burning takes place, the Nazis plan to airlift the simulacra to England using a huge autogyro and burn it there on the mainland, thus releasing Balor to ravage the English countryside.
Our heroes will discover the occult operation as they strive to complete their primary objectives. Their mission will take a turn as they try to bring about the destruction of the new horror that the Nazis plan to  unleash upon Britain.  

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:20:45 PM by Wraith »
I suppose you will be wanting your ear back now that you have answered my questions -The Wraith

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Pulps and/or WWWII scenario in the works.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
Sounds really cool and well thought out; I'll be checking your thread for updates!

I'm in the midst of a crossover Pulp/WWWII campaign myself, so this is relevant to my interests... :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:17:36 PM »
I have a thread on this on the Wierd Wars BBS, So please look there for further updates.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 02:31:43 PM »
I really like your story line, sounds like a great game.

Offline Wraith

• Librarian
Re: Pulps and/or WWWII scenario in the works. The Bunker
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »
Other thread in the Wierd Wars BBS has been  updated.

Some things might not make sense, but I have a lot of handouts that give clues to the players that the writeup doesnt reveal.