Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:50:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690903
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Crossover miniatures - now available in Europe!  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Crossover miniatures - now available in Europe!
« on: September 05, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
Crossoevr supers can now be purchased from here:

http://minibits.net/Crossover-Miniatures-c25/

The only reason I haven't bought more crossover stuff has been the custom charges. I guess I have no excuse now :)

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Crossover miniatures - now available in Europe!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »
no more excuses then...  ::) I'll have to start saving up, or sell a kidney  lol

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »
Look great but I wonder why they are so expensive?

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:36:18 AM »
Look great but I wonder why they are so expensive?

I think the price is in the eye of the beholder.  We are comfortably cheaper than Pulp City and a little more than Super Figs. Our prices are also right in line with Reaper.  Super Figs sculpts paid for themselves years ago.  Many mainstream figures are MUCH more expensive as well.  Though you can find cheaper minis out there too. :)  The versatility of the three heads adds to the sculpting cost and at the same time, decreases the number of models in the mold, further increasing the cost.   Add to this the fact that you just can't sell that many Supers, people only need one of a figure pretty much and ther aren't that many of us Supers players out there.

We're going forward with another kickstarter soon, that's one way to get them cheaper!  8)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »
I think the price is in the eye of the beholder.  We are comfortably cheaper than Pulp City and a little more than Super Figs. Our prices are also right in line with Reaper.  Super Figs sculpts paid for themselves years ago.  Many mainstream figures are MUCH more expensive as well.  Though you can find cheaper minis out there too. :)  The versatility of the three heads adds to the sculpting cost and at the same time, decreases the number of models in the mold, further increasing the cost.   Add to this the fact that you just can't sell that many Supers, people only need one of a figure pretty much and ther aren't that many of us Supers players out there.

We're going forward with another kickstarter soon, that's one way to get them cheaper!  8)

I would agree. You are right on par with Reaper and the quality for both of you is way higher than Superfigs and a few other companies (some not even in biz anymore) with price to product quality.

Pulp City has nice figs but wow those prices make me click away every time to consider other super figures to buy when the Pound kicks those of us in the US hard on average 1.5 to the pound plus shipping. So, a 10 pound figure would cost me almost $15.

As you said Superfigs has paid for themself long ago and other companies have some cheaper figures but the quality isn't there, some sculpts are nice and some are less so.

I can imagine taxes bringing product into the country could also be a huge impact. Still, the Brits should make out well with the exchange rate in your favor.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline alrith72

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »
Got mine from Minibits yesterday, absolutely cracking minis and good clean casts, well worth the price and i'm a tight git  ;)