Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Great War Miniatures and Brigade Models Great War  (Read 10285 times)

Offline Zwerch mit Ohren!!!

• Student
Re: Great War Miniatures and Brigade Models Great War
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 10:43:17 PM »
Wonderfull, I just started a similar projekt. 1914 Germans against Belgians, somewere at Lüttich or Antwerpen.So just tell more about your project ;)

I posted on TMP to Dave of GWM considering a higher Hq pack for the Belgians, Hq pack for the early Germans an a engineer/pioneer pack for the early war Germans.
Wuhuu, it has been a long time since the last GWM WW1 release. More Belgian infantry would be nice too. For one Pack is not enough to build a whole army and GWM Minis doesnt mix that well with brigade models :C

regards
Zwerch!!!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 11:23:26 PM »
Thank you for your thoughts David and Zwerch.

I'm sure Dave A has his reasons for only designing so many Belgian packs for the GWM, however, it was a humble request to suggest these further packs to compliment this lovely range. I also remembered I need carabinier heads to convert the ncos from the Belgian command pack for the carabinier unit. Oh well I suppose I'll need to buy another pack of carabinier for that purpose.

Nick from Northstar has mentioned that the Minerva armoured tourer from GWM are in the plans. I would have been over the moon if a pack of guides wearing Dolmans/standard tunic were produced. Would have looked splendid on the gaming table, notwithstanding some carabinier cyclists dismounts with portable Hotchkiss lmg.

Tony from Brigade Models has mentioned that Belgian artillery and Minerva armoured tourer will be out next year.

I was reading yesterday once again about the carabinier and their uniform an in particular their greatcoat. Was there two greatcoat colours, Green and black?

Cheers,

Helen

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

• Student
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »
Belgian artillery sounds good to me, lets hope all the other stuff gets released too. (before 2014 ;) )

regarding the greatcoats, as far as I know they were originally green but soon after the war startet (maybe even before) they got black or dark blue ones. So that most Carabiniers had black greatcoats.

regards
Zwerch!!!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 11:45:20 PM »
Belgian artillery sounds good to me, lets hope all the other stuff gets released too. (before 2014 ;) )

regarding the greatcoats, as far as I know they were originally green but soon after the war startet (maybe even before) they got black or dark blue ones. So that most Carabiniers had black greatcoats.

regards
Zwerch!!!

Thank you Zwerch. I like to be different and go with green just for fun and break-up the muted colours for the infantry.

Cheers,

Helen
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:59:16 PM by Tank Girl »

Offline cdr

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »
regarding the Belgian greatcoats. They were supposed to be dark green (very dark, nearly black in colour). at the start of the war supply quickly broke down so nearly anything is possible for greatcoats (blue, green or even the older grey greatcoats).

Helen
You can always go for some shakos with a glossy cover for officers. You can always paint some staff officers in green
For cavalry both Brigade models and Ebor have a complete range !!! (ebor even has dismounted cavalry)

I hope Brigade models manages to do artillery (I know they've got correct drawings  ;) )

1st corps already has a minerva Scheltrum has a Mors on its lists

Carl

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »
regarding the Belgian greatcoats. They were supposed to be dark green (very dark, nearly black in colour). at the start of the war supply quickly broke down so nearly anything is possible for greatcoats (blue, green or even the older grey greatcoats).

Helen
You can always go for some shakos with a glossy cover for officers. You can always paint some staff officers in green
For cavalry both Brigade models and Ebor have a complete range !!! (ebor even has dismounted cavalry)

I hope Brigade models manages to do artillery (I know they've got correct drawings  ;) )

1st corps already has a minerva Scheltrum has a Mors on its lists

Carl

Thanks Carl for your thoughts. Very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Helen

• Student
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 07:07:19 PM »
I just took the time to work on my project and realised...I still have a lot of work to do^^

I also ha ve a question:

does someone know anything about the size of the Ebor Miniatures Belgians (size/sculpt,...)? do they fit with GWM (and/or brigade ones?) especially the Cavalry, for the Brigade horses are muuuch larger than the GWM ones. Or are there other manufacturers doing nice belgians?

@Tank Girl: can you tell me which colours did you use for your belgian Minis for Iam not that satisfied with mine.

regards
Zwerch!!!

P.S.: Afaik Brigade Models will have it 15% off next week

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 02:14:55 AM »
Hi Zwerch,

Thanks for your comments.

The Belgian uniform was a base of black mixed with Dark Prussian Blue. This was followed by Dark Prussian Blue and then Prussian Blue added for highlight.

Pants are Shadow Grey with black added for base, shadow grey for mid and light grey added for highlight.

Cheers,

Helen

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Belgian use of lmgs in 1914
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 12:55:41 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to ascertain what cavalry units may have had light machine guns included in their organisation for 1914.

I'm thinking the Chasseurs a Cheval may have been the only cavalry unit to be so equipped. Notwithstanding the cavalry division also had a cyclists battalion that seem to be equipped with Hotchkiss lmgs if my memory serves me correctly and who supported the cavalry division.

The Battle of Haelen may have indicated that the Chasseurs a Cheval used the Hotchkiss lmg.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Helen

Offline cdr

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 05:08:41 AM »
According to my info, no Madsen in use (the well known fotos date back to the trials). a single chasseur ŕ cheval regiment had a section with 2 LMG (present in Haelen), There was a similar section in each of the 2 Guides regiments (also in Haelen)

Carl

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 05:54:57 AM »
According to my info, no Madsen in use (the well known fotos date back to the trials). a single chasseur ŕ cheval regiment had a section with 2 LMG (present in Haelen), There was a similar section in each of the 2 Guides regiments (also in Haelen)

Carl

Thanks Karl, great information.

Cheers,

Helen

Offline Von Schlepp

• Lurker
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 08:41:39 PM »
Hey there, nice painting and basing. I'm glad there are more figs available now. A few short years ago it seemed like all we pretty much had was Renegade.

What ruleset are they based for?

-Roger

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 02:17:45 AM »
Thanks Roger.

I'm using for base sizes the information provided by Phil Robinson in which Phil and David are working on a set of 1914 rules.

Cheers,

Helen

Offline Mjolnir

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 08:32:30 AM »
Nice painting :-*
You are of to a great start.

I spend al lot of time in Flanders Fields as a child  so I
started a similar project some time ago but in 15mm.

It covers the Battle around Zonnebeke (between Langemarck
and Gheluveld)