Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:00:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Round arthurian transfers  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
Round arthurian transfers
« on: August 08, 2012, 04:17:01 AM »
Hi folks, looking for some help to figure something out.  I am looking to get some arthurian cavalry from the westwind 30% off sale:

http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1235

As you can see in the picture they have round shields.  LBM only offers oval transfers for WestWind figures.  In fact, I could only find round arthurian transfers in their GB line: http://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_26_29&osCsid=53c06a190967e1be717373a466b790a6

What is the likelihood that I could get the LBM round GB transfers to work on the WestWind figures?
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
Re: Round arthurian transfers
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
I'd ask Steve directly Timbor
He's incredibly helpfull I think

I had some trouble finding a match for round shields for Arthurians a year or so ago but he came up trumps
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »
Good idea... I asked and he needs the shield dimensions in mm.  I don't know since I don't own the figures yet.  Anyone else have some by chance and would be able to measure the shield dimensions?  lol

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »
GB transfers almost certainly won't be a good fit.

I have some at home, so can do a measurement for you after work. The key thing isn't just the shield diameter, it's the size of the shield boss, which, from memory are large on West Wind models. Also, some of their shields are flat, others very slightly 'dished'. The latter are not quite so good for transfers although they'll still work.

You could, of course, email West Wind and talk direct to them. They are generally very helpful folk...

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »
I did email them, but have not yet heard back  ;)

Hopefully I can sort it out.  Otherwise I might just have to pick up some GB shields to use with them or search through my boxes to see if I can get something else to work.  If you can get me some of those measurements though that would be great. 

If they are close enough, I might be able to fudge it and make them fit, though it may end up being more trouble than its worth.  :D

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »
In my opinion, the GB transfers will not really fit West Wind shields as the West Wind bosses are too big - the hole in the middle of the transfer will not be big enough to go over the boss.

Anyway, the dimensions are as follows:

Design 1 (totally flat round shield): 13mm diameter. Shield boss 4mm diameter

Design 2 (flat shield but rounded eadges - not 'dished' as I said earlier): 14mm diameter (although a 13mm transfer would fit better as it'll not go onto the rounded part...you have to paint round the edges of LBM transfers anyway) with a 5mm diameter boss.

Hope that helps and good luck - as you say, an easy alternative would be to buy a bag of GB round shields and match the transfers to those, as LBM do transfers to fit all GB round Dark Age shields.

Andy