Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:46:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691304
  • Total Topics: 118385
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Flintloque AAR forces of the Star Wraith versus Joccian Cold Screamers  (Read 2575 times)

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
Well, firstly there was a game of 50th Foote Orcs taking on the Todoroni that ended in a victory for the Nepolise. Course I mostly forgot to take pictures unfortunately.

It was mostly a shoot out with the toads' Ferach muskets out-dueling the Bessie muskets. Lots of bad steady checks for my orcs on that one.

Today's game had the forces of Aleksander taking on the Joccians for control of a town square.

My undead force led by the infamous Zar Von Strahdovich.

A force of seventeen zombies along with a KGB liche as well as a priest of the old faith. In this case the section had flaws aplenty in order to get more undead troops into the battle. These flaws would ultimately be the undoing of Zar.

The Cold Screamers were aligned on the opposite end of the table and knew dread as they saw the large undead force squaring off against them.

And Karl took initiative and pushed his troops forward.

And Zar took off in a straight line for the Joccian leader and was subsequently cut down at the start of turn two with barely a hiss between his fanged teeth.

Which was truly unfortunate as the KGB liche took over and his lack of remorse for the officer's failings gave fire to his cold undead heart and he spurred the undead troopers onwards. The Joccians formed a line and kept a relentless advance even in the face of overwhelming numbers.

The liche moved some troops into cover behind the old clock tower and prepared a carefully placed ambush for the stalwart Joccians.

Well... kind of an ambush as the right flank of undead resolutely marched forward in the open daring musket fire to do its worst against them.

The rats pressed onwards, even under withering (and wildly inaccurate fire) the zombies brought against them. I'll step back to note this was yet another game of myself rolling horrible dice with ample 98's and 99's abounding while Karl managed to roll a string of 9's on his steady checks thereby making most of my musket fire that did hit ultimately pointless anyways.

And the Rats did what they do best... well, stay drunk a good bit of the battle but eventually they moved into melee and began to give the slow yet tireless undead the what-for. After all, they had killed the vampire officer in short order, what challenge could a group of mindless corpses that didn't know better than to stay in the ground do to them?

They could indeed do more as eventually the undead got their collective acts together and began shooting straight at close range and the heavy gunfire finally began to take its toll on the Joccians.

As well as overwhelming the superior fighters of the Joccian Cold Screamer with sheer numbers.

It was about this time that the tide turned and Joccian casualties mounted up and the section leader broke free of melee and began to highlander tail it out of town accompanied by Vermin and the standard bearer.

Loosely surrounded the Joccian section leader weaved his way through musket fire while in the woods and made good his escape, if only so he could catch up with his second in command, Vermin, and demote him yet again for showing a lack of bravado on the battlefield.

As Karl points out, Vermin survived the Witchlands campaign for a very good reason.

He knew when to tuck in his tail and move his feet.

Aerial pics Karl took during the game

All in all, another great game with a good friend and victory for the Witchlands for a change. Not sure about my list as the sheer number of undead I squeezed in there made it a bit rough on the Joccians. It's the first time I got to take my freshly painted undead Russians for a spin and I wanted a ton of figures on the table. Might revamp the list again and make for a less tragically flawed vampire officers. We'll see... the rematch for the town takes place in three weeks and we'll see if the Joccians can push the undead out of the town.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Flintloque AAR forces of the Star Wraith versus Joccian Cold Screamers
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 04:09:12 AM »
Great report with lots of action, and photos. The way am AAR should be. :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
Great report, great miniatures and fantastic terrain.

Thank you for posting the images.

Tony

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »
Lovely AAR. It is a shame there were not more photographs of the heroic actions of the Todoroni of Nepolise, but I am sure such records are rare, if they exist at all in the world of Valon!

Offline RepublicsFury

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:37 PM »
I blame Vermin for the loss. He's more interested in saving his own tail and drinking than fighting.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »
Sounds a little like the Todoroni if I am honest!!!