Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690862
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: How do you select your next project?  (Read 4543 times)

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
How do you select your next project?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 08:38:38 AM »
Oh Matakishi's being modest.  Sure his projects find him just like the rest of them but he smacks them arround and tells them to get in line where they wait patiently until thier turn.  When it's their turn he finished them without being distracted by a mess of other projects.  The rest of us just flounder arround with dozens of projects at the same time.   :lol:

If you want some inspiration about organizing projects check out his site.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 01:48:09 PM »
Project? What's one of those? :?
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 01:56:51 PM »
Quote from: "Prof.Witchheimer"
Quote from: "hammershield"
I go into the tipi, lit a fire and throw some peyote on it. Then I "meditate" for a few days and whatever I think of I paint. For some reason it tends to involve dogs.

sounds intriguing, is there any online shop selling peyote ?  :lol:

Nonono, that's cheating. The peyote hasto be harvested from remote mountain tops which you have to climb clad in nothing but an eagles feather.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »
Quote from: "hammershield"
Quote from: "Prof.Witchheimer"

sounds intriguing, is there any online shop selling peyote ?  :lol:

Nonono, that's cheating. The peyote hasto be harvested from remote mountain tops which you have to climb clad in nothing but an eagles feather.

Now thanks a lot for THAT mental image, Hammers.  :freak:  :lol:

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 03:15:28 AM »
Convention date, that is working for me, I am going to do a Rattrap Roundup at an upcoming convention at the end of next month, I have exactly 30 days to finish up what I need to get done for the three games of .45 Adventure, Gloire and Fantastic Worlds I have planned.

I have ordered miniatures needed that should be arriving soon, begun working on the terrain boards and basically giving myself enough stress to insure that AuntieRhino thinks I am nuts.  But now I have to get it done, or my street cred will go down the toilet...

Nothing cooks like pressure...and more details on the upcoming convention games will be coming soon, for those of you in the Midwest that are interested in dropping by to look old Rhino in the eye...

UncleRhino

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 03:20:04 AM »
I'm guessing your talking about Recruits?  Cool I was wondering if someone was going to do .45 stuff.  I've had the rules for a few months but I wanted to see how the game played before I tried to run it myself.  

Quote from: "UncleRhino"
Convention date, that is working for me, I am going to do a Rattrap Roundup at an upcoming convention at the end of next month, I have exactly 30 days to finish up what I need to get done for the three games of .45 Adventure, Gloire and Fantastic Worlds I have planned.

I have ordered miniatures needed that should be arriving soon, begun working on the terrain boards and basically giving myself enough stress to insure that AuntieRhino thinks I am nuts.  But now I have to get it done, or my street cred will go down the toilet...

Nothing cooks like pressure...and more details on the upcoming convention games will be coming soon, for those of you in the Midwest that are interested in dropping by to look old Rhino in the eye...

UncleRhino

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 12:02:52 PM »
What we have slated for Recruits is a series of three tables, one for .45 Adventure, Gloire and Fantastic Worlds.  The format will be that for the two time-slots we will be there we anyone can wander by and try out any of the three games they like, the only limitation is that if we are swamped with interest that folks limit trying out each game for about an hour, but they are more than welcome to come back if we can fit them in.  That is not set in stone, of course, but the point is that while all the large table gaming is going on and all of the tournaments and so forth and so on are in the doing we can showcase what makes the Rattrap games so great!  Easy rules, smaller scale and quicker play.  You need fewer miniatures, less terrain and less time.  Therefore, in theory, you need less resources and time for your gaming experience.  

That being said, please understand that, of course, once you start buying up miniatures and building terrain, you just have to have more and more and more....

Anyhow, for the games themselves, we have not nailed down exactly what the .45 Adventure game will be, but I CAN tell you that the Gloire game will be in the style of a  Solomon Kane adventure( come on, did you expect anything else from me?).  The Fantastic Worlds game will be a Flash Gordon game.  Part of me wants to give out all the lavish details, but we won't be playtesting the scenarios until this weekend, so I will keep my trap shut until I see how they play out.  

UncleRhino

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »
I jump from one project to another on a regular basis!
I've even tried "multi-genre" miniatures so I can use them for more than one project. :mrgreen:
Recently I've been concentrating on Weird War stuff, but never stray far from modern horror.... or sci-fi..... or Old West......or ............

PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 06:09:05 PM »
My process is like a game of pinball - whatever I bounce off first dictates the direction of travel.  Until I hit something else...  :wink:
You lot have been responsible for more distractions since I found this site... :lol:
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!