Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:11:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686620
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Reign of Avalon  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Reign of Avalon
« on: August 23, 2012, 01:38:12 PM »

"Reign of Avalon is game that looks back at the glory age of wargaming, returning to the very basics of fighting with miniatures. This rule set allows you to use your historical and fantasy miniatures in epic battles which can be fought in sessions of under an hour. No need to paint that or that before you finally start! Grab your miniatures and fight for glory!"

Hi, as trying to create one ruleset isn't enough I decided I need a fun and easy skirmish fantasy ruleset which I will call Reign of Avalon. The thumb rule was to try and reduce to core rules to maximum 10 pages and filling the rest of the pages with a bestiary with some ready made characters and creatures. The game and battle resolution is mostly based around four classes of characters: Light, Medium, Heavy and Super Heavy. Every character or creature is divided in one of these classes to so give them their fighting and movement abilities. To further add some variation you can upgrade some of your characters to heroes or choose to equip them with specific battle modifiers and traits.

Premade character Grubin, Goblin Shaman: "Grubin, great shaman – Most of the goblin tribes are led by a shaman, these magicians are masters of savage dark magic often succeeding in strengthen their warriors spirit and strength. The most able of these shamans is Grubin, the reincarnation of the great upper troll Sgar. This character is classed as a heavy class hero and has the according hero trait. As he is a magician he also possesses several deadly and moral strengthening spells."

The key goal of this ruleset is to have fun and throw lots of D6!  ;)

I hope to playtest the rules in the near future and will post the battle reports in this thread to keep everything in one place.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/