Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690936
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Battlefield  (Read 10412 times)

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
Re: The Battlefield
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
The Battlefield QRS has been updated with a vehicle page. For your convenience and gaming pleasure, all vehicles found in the core rules can be found on this one sheet. That’s right! This is not limited to just ground vehicles but also includes all helicopters and VTOL. As always, this update is free of charge. ;) Enjoy!
'HAVOC... it's okay to wreak a little!'    <a href="http://www.bombshell-games.com/>bombshell games[/url]

Offline Yanez_966

• Lurker
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 02:17:21 PM »
Glad you're liking the rules! :) To answer your question:YES!! We are currently testing the sci-fi expansion for The Battlefield and it should be available in the not too distant future. Not only will there be power armor, walkers, and jump suits, but I have quite a few surprises and interesting twists in store! ;)
OP4S is currently getting a major rework and will be utilizing a new internal mechanic. The Battlefield actually features the best 'shooter' and skirmish elements from the OP4S beta. The sci-fi expansion will expound on that.

As you can see, you could easily integrate many of the profiles from OP4S directly into your games while you wait for the official expansion. If you have any questions on how to do that, then don't hesitate to ask.

Also, since you picked up the current version of the beta, make sure to save it under another file name. That way, when future updates arrive, you won't lose the current usable material.

Thanks a lot, Vodoo!
I'll save this version of OP4 rules as reference for the various sci fi troops profiles and attributes. Can't wait to try these rules...
Is there a forum (except this one) where you discuss of this system?

Offline basaint

• Scientist
  • Gamer, creator...In AZ
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2012, 10:35:07 AM »
I'll save this version of OP4 rules as reference for the various sci fi troops profiles and attributes. Can't wait to try these rules...
Is there a forum (except this one) where you discuss of this system?

As basaint said, you'll probably want to join the Yahoo! Group [especially since you're interested in the sci-fi expansion]. That's the place you'd be most likely to get early access to some testing materials.  ;)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »
This sounds very tempting, especially as I have a 5 man RPG group I'd like to corrupt into mini-gaming, and this sounds ideal!

<goes off to ponder> lol

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »
This sounds very tempting, especially as I have a 5 man RPG group I'd like to corrupt into mini-gaming, and this sounds ideal!

<goes off to ponder> lol
Earther, if you have a 5 player RPG group, then you really need to just go ahead and pull the trigger. This game is made for groups just like yours as you can get all 5 players together on the same table. There are even some fun options that are intended specifically for roleplayers. I say all this as the completely unbiased designer of the game. ;)

If you do decide to give it a go, then let me know a little more about your group and I'll help you get the right game mode and set-up going to showcase miniature gaming for your crew.

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 06:27:48 PM »
Quick update...

From now until July 16, 2012 at 1000 hours Eastern Time, The Battlefield is available for 25% off as part of the Summer Campaign sale. If you've had this one in your sights, then now's the time to pull the trigger! ;)

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 05:41:59 PM »
I'm currently waiting for the proof copy of The Battlefield to arrive. I've posted a little preview of the cover images  over on the site. Enjoy!

Also, I'll be offering a special release discount as a small thank you for the fantastic support of the electronic edition. So, save your printer ink and stay tuned for more details on the discount.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:44:14 PM by VoodooInk »

Offline Mac

• Librarian
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 12:43:06 AM »
I played The Battlefield last night.

It was the Rhodesian Light Infantry versus Zanla. To make it look a little more like asymetical warfare we played the Rhodesians on first person mode (single figure) and Zanla in third person mode (four figures to a unit). This didn't pose us any problems.

Hardened wargamers gave the rules a thumbs up. We all had the mechanisms in our heads by turn two, and had a fast and fun game. That being said you still need to think about what you are doing with each unit and how you use the "loadouts".

The recurring comment fromplayers was "It thought this would be like Force on Force, but it isn't..."

My only wish (I will post it on the Yahoo Group) is that the loadouts were avaiable as cards. The game depends on choosing our loadouts and using them and finding them in the rule book was a wee bit frustrating in a fast and free flowing game. I would like to have had four cards on the edge of the table I could refer to.

That being said, The Battlefield is definately getting played again.

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 10:09:47 PM »
I played The Battlefield last night.

It was the Rhodesian Light Infantry versus Zanla. To make it look a little more like asymetical warfare we played the Rhodesians on first person mode (single figure) and Zanla in third person mode (four figures to a unit). This didn't pose us any problems.

Hardened wargamers gave the rules a thumbs up. We all had the mechanisms in our heads by turn two, and had a fast and fun game. That being said you still need to think about what you are doing with each unit and how you use the "loadouts".

The recurring comment fromplayers was "It thought this would be like Force on Force, but it isn't..."

My only wish (I will post it on the Yahoo Group) is that the loadouts were avaiable as cards. The game depends on choosing our loadouts and using them and finding them in the rule book was a wee bit frustrating in a fast and free flowing game. I would like to have had four cards on the edge of the table I could refer to.

That being said, The Battlefield is definately getting played again.

Glad you and your group enjoyed it, and it sounds like a fun game! I love hearing feedback like this from a group of veteran gamers that have actually taken the rules for a spin.

On the subject of cards, there are some in the works. Until they are finished, there is an Excel unit/card builder [thanks Steve!] on the group that has the essentials of each Loadout in the drop downs. It's simple, clean, and functional. If you haven't already, then give it a look.

Brent