Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fantastic Worlds Cold Wars Schedule  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Mo

• Mad Scientist
    • Oddman Productions
Fantastic Worlds Cold Wars Schedule
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »
We will be presenting four games of Fantastic Worlds at Cold Wars next weekend.

March of the Metal Men will run twice on Friday. Once at 9 am and once at 7PM

The planet Drachius is under attack! Emperor Grimm has sent his nefarious scientist and his robot horde to the planet to destroy the shield wall. The only ones that can stop them are a small ragtag group of defenders. Can they
hold out long enough for reinforcements, or will the cities shields fall? Pulse pounding Pulp adventure in the far reaches of Space. Beginners Taught, Walk-ups welcome.

Demon Toads of the Moons of Madness will run Saturday at 2PM

When Princess Ayòdne of Maréphos is taken captive by the savage Ah’Slee, Col. Valsalva Tasker of Earth and Marshall Ulano of the Maréphossi Royal Guard race to her rescue. But the disgraced Imperial Priest, High Father Luvek Boesh’khagar and his inhumanly powerful ally, Utgar The Savage, have designs upon the Princess as well.
All factions must work together in order to save Ayòdne from the unspeakable fate awaiting her at the hands of -- The Demon Toads of the Moons of Madness!!! Beginners Taught, Walk-ups welcome.

Invasion of Potter's Grove runs Saturday night at 7PM

Mars is attacking! Based on Martian Intelligence the best place to start an invasion is the rural community of Potter's Grove, a community made up of farmers, townfolks, bored teenagers, and a small police force who’s biggest problem is usually the town drunk. Oh, and there is a small military base that may or may not have been tracking the recent activities in the night sky. Relive the nuclear matinee of the 50’s. Beginners Taught, Walk-ups welcome.

Come by if you get a chance and give the games a go. At the very least stop by our Rattrap tables and introduce yourself.

Marc
Fantastic Worlds: Pulp Action in the Far Reaches of Space
http://oddmanproductions.com

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 10:19:47 AM »
That all sounds fantastic, what minis are you using for Potter's Grove? For the 50's townsfolk and military.
"Morning!"

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 10:41:00 AM »
Marc,

sadly I won't be there, but I'd love to see some pics!

Also, will you be posting the full scenarios [or are they already up somewhere]?

Hope it all goes well!

Ian

Offline Mo

• Mad Scientist
    • Oddman Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 12:13:35 PM »
Cap - I had to tweak the scenario a bit from what I was intending just because I couldn't find any good 50's teenagers and townfolks. I'm using Brigade Games Alien Invasion line extensively, including the hillbillies and the men in black.

I am happy to inform you that your very own Corvus Libra will be making an appearance in 'March of the Metal Men' as the robot leader!

Ian - There will be plenty of pictures posted for both games. I'm infamous for that. 'March of the Metal Men' may see a scenario release as well as 'Demon Toads' (if Illumisar would write it up).  'Potter's Grove' will be using a lot of new rules from the 'late-this-year' Fantastic Worlds supplement, so chances are it will not be available as a scenario download any time soon.

Marc