Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:50:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: On the road to Stanleyville - 28mm FoF 'Congo Crisis mini campaign part II'  (Read 2527 times)

Online v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
Hello folks,

Thought I'd share a few pictures from the second game in our 'Road to Stanleyville' mini-campaign (I've already pasted the pics from the first one up a couple of weeks ago). This scenario follows the exploits of a group of 5 Commando mercenay's as they race along a jungle highway on their way to relieve Stanleyville and rescue the hostages as part of the 'Congo Crisis' in the 60's. The simba rebels are attempting to slow them as much as possible - and if they possibly can, prevent them ever making it.

This was a really tense game, which saw the mercs eventually lose (through loss of transport and being drasticly slowed down) despite only suffering 6 dead and 3 wounded for over 110 dead and wounded simba's.

The majority of the figures are mine (Mix of TAG, Brittania, MoFo, Mongrel and all sorts of other oddments), whilst all the scenery and the better painted figures are Johnny's.

Once again, I haven't had chance to write up a full report, although some more gameplay notes and details, as well as lots more photos can be found on my blog - http://xanderswargamingmusings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/road-to-stanleyville-fof-photo-report.html

Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Re: On the road to Stanleyville - 28mm FoF 'Congo Crisis mini campaign part II'
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:32:13 PM »
My God! What a superb looking game!

The scenery is fantastic, the figures are brilliant. So good to see your mercenaries and simbas in action. And your mate's Britannia mercs look great too.

Looking forward to seeing more reports! :-*

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
  • The Older I get the better I was.. . . .
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »
Once again Xander, Great job!! You're now our official War Scribe!! :)
You're too kind with your comments about My brushwork but I only had few to do.
Earther, many thanks for your comments about the figures and scenery too, It was a great and as Xander says very tense game. The next and final leg of this little Campaign is Stanleyville itself so once again "Watch This Space!"   

Offline Dave Knight

• Mad Scientist
    • Lead Warrior
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
looks very good - nice to see FoF being done in 28mm