Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:41:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690878
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Question about "Command" regarding its availability.  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
Question about "Command" regarding its availability.
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:40:53 AM »
Is I correct that the ability "Command" ABILITY (yes not a skill, it is not listed in the skill section or any lists of skills), can't be taken as an upgrade for both lurkers or Threshold agents?

I read and understand the rules as Command aren't a selective skill choice.
You can't just upgrade some random cultist, zombie or whatever with Command for 1BP. And as Lieutenant is an "agent only" skill this is not an option either. This means you will have to included lurkers like Cultist leader and such in your list for the valuable Command ability.

Actually think this is quite an good game mechanic in Strange Aeons, the nomination system is quite nice, and making it not an option just to put "command" at will on any model, makes it really interesting to play the game, as you as the Lurker player have to have some kind of planning what you are going to do. Want to swarm the threshold team with hordes of cheap lurkers, the Mob rules are the way to go. Really gives an interesting game flow.

If you can just pull Command on any lurker models for 1BP, really it will ruin the feel and the flow of the game in my opinion, and make things less interesting for both sides of the table.
-Brian Bjerregaard Bergh

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
Re: Question about "Command" regarding its availability.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
Yes, only the lurkers with command can have it. But you can have as many of those as you like in your lurker list (only one in a treshold!). So you got a cult leader that nominates mummy and a cultist. mummy nominates 2 conglomerates and you got your whole army on the move! :P

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Question about "Command" regarding its availability.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »
To add the only way to get an additional Command Skill is is by adding Lieutenant that can boost Command ability but give it.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com