Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: fed up with stupid blog posts & ebay listings.  (Read 11194 times)

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
fed up with stupid blog posts & ebay listings.
« on: September 14, 2012, 02:10:11 AM »

I am totally fed up with clicking links on the LAF only to be told that ..
"click on my blog for all the info"
STOP IT, it's f'ing annoying.

From now on posters should put the term "(BLOG)" in the topic title otherwise the post will be deleted >:(

and while we are on the subject of things annoying...

People who post 'Figures etc going cheap' etc, only when you click on the post it's an ebay listing. >:(

from now on,   all ebay listings should include the term "(ebay)" in the topic title or the post will be deleted and the poster will not only be shot but banned as well.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:56:47 AM by redzed »
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline Diceplague

• Librarian
  • No, human... I´M power, knowledge is doom!
    • Diceplague Wargame Blog
Re: FED UP WITH STUPID BLOG POSTS!!!!!! AND BLOODY EBAY
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:47 AM »
I agree. I believe It´s acceptable to put on LAF at least some pictures or an abstract so we can decide if it´s worth to follow the link.
"Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas."
http://diceplague.blogspot.com.br

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:28:35 AM »
I second the motion for at least 1 pic !
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 02:41:56 AM »
I would go as far as demanding 2 or 3 pics  ;)

But yes, I find it annoying as well. I wrote a good topic about that on my blog...

:D
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 03:34:17 AM »
I think it says in the rules that if people post links you shouldn't ask for pics. I know this isn't a specific ask from a person. I fully understand the whole Ebay thing as I don't do Ebay but is it really wasting that much time. You've come up with some nice suggestions though. :)

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 03:56:12 AM »
I wrote a good topic about that on my blog...

you didn't post a link to that blog... lol

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 04:03:26 AM »
from now on,   all ebay listings should include the term "(ebay)" in the topic title or the post will be deleted and the poster will not only be shot but banned as well.

I've always done that, it's just common courtesy on any forum that doesn't have dedicated auction boards (ie everywhere but TMP).  You don't want to look at my auctions, that's fine, but I sell to enough LAF members that I'm not going to stop listings things here.

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 05:06:15 AM »
I've always done that,
what? put 'ebay' in the title or not put 'ebay' in the title?

You don't want to look at my auctions, that's fine,
I would like the 'OPTION' on whether I look at your auction or not.

I sell to enough LAF members that I'm not going to stop listings things here.
has anyone asked you not to post your sales?

is really hard work to put 'ebay' in the title? I've just typed it out and it took less than a second.

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 05:20:57 AM »
I always post all pictures and the story here and link to my blog is available but not neccessary. I want people to be able to read the story here... That's why this forum is in the first place... If people like your stories, pics etc. They might read your blog anyway. So I agree mostly.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44:36 AM »
is really hard work to put 'ebay' in the title? I've just typed it out and it took less than a second.

Easy on redzed, is it really that hard to click on the link, determine it's Ebay and hit the back button?

Let's be nice to each other - your the one demanding people stop doing something - they aren't demanding you look at their blog or auction.

If I link to my blog I always give at least a few teaser pics - what is wrong with keeping other images on the blog?

You said "From now on posters should put the term "(BLOG)" in the topic title otherwise the post will be deleted " isn't this a little harsh and against the spirit of LAF?
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »
Actually, I totally agreed with redzed!

I don't see anything wrong with posting a summarised version and a selection of pix in a topic, with  a note to check the blog for more details. I also have no issue with people putting blog links in their signatures.

However, I do have issue with people who post nothing more than a teaser or even just a link to their blog.

The reason I find it so irritating is that LAF is a forum, not a blogroll. If people don't post any proper content and discussion, then there's not much point is there?

As for ebay auctions, I also find it deeply irritating to click on a "for sale" thread only to find a load of ebay links.

You know why? Because if I want to bid on ebay for something, I'll just go to ebay and search for items of that nature to bid on. The entire reason I might be interested in the thread in the first place is to bypass ebay and trade directly with somebody.

If people insist on listing ebay auctions, I would encourage them to at least have the courtesy of posting pictures of what they're selling in the thread itself.

Anyway, I just want to finish this whinge by noting that LAF is very open and welcoming, and that if people want to come here and look around, I don't want the topics they're interested in leading them off elsewhere again for the content. I want those people to (hopefully) stay, join up, and join in!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »
I agree with Redzed. Personally I find the proliferation of threads where an appetizing title results in a one line post 'go see my blog', infuriating.
LAF is about content: Ideas, pictures, games, modelling, reports, painting and so on.
If more and more people simply post links out to their own content, rather than creating content here on this forum, then the forum becomes just an empty shell and eventually people will stop coming.

You said "From now on posters should put the term "(BLOG)" in the topic title otherwise the post will be deleted " isn't this a little harsh and against the spirit of LAF?

However, I can tell you (having had this very debate many times amongst the moderators), the Prof agrees with Furt  :)

The official ruling is here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=29435.0

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
Posts that are just a link to a blog add nothing to LAF IMHO, and take traffic away from the site.

I agree that posters should have the courtesy to post at least a teaser photo.

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »
I've been linking to my blog, because I did'nt know we could now upload pics until a minute ago. And 2 to 3 pics? Sorry to disappoint you, but that's usually more than I'll do for my own blog.
Far less active than I used to...

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:50 AM »
I have some blogs. Can't be bothered to post a link, but you should find them in my signature. Thanks for looking. :`