Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:45:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 40K Cultists as Post Apocalyptic?  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
40K Cultists as Post Apocalyptic?
« on: September 20, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »
Hi! I just saw a few days ago the content of the new Dark Vengeance box of WH40K.
I have to say, i never liked the wh style, but in these last years they shure improved a lot.

expecially the cultists, they look quite interesting for post apocalyptic settings, anyone on LAF used them already? I'm definitely NOT gonna buy the box, but those cultist worth to be used for something more "elevated" than 40K... :)

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
Re: 40K Cultists as Post Apocalyptic?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
I have the same thoughts about those cultists. I've already been looking around on evilbay if I can pick a few up for next to nothing. I want to use them for Necromunda and Nuclear Renaissance. But I am in no hurry so I just gonna wait for the right moment.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »
unfortunately all the minis are quite one-pieces, that is quite a nonsense considering that are plastics! It means that 10 poses are 10 men on a battlefield, if we want to use (and we want) The "only one man per pose" phylosophy...

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 07:37:21 PM »
I have the same thoughts about those cultists. I've already been looking around on evilbay if I can pick a few up for next to nothing. I want to use them for Necromunda and Nuclear Renaissance. But I am in no hurry so I just gonna wait for the right moment.

I'm also interested in these, the common price seems to be around €15-20 for 20 cultists. What's quite reasonable but I want it cheaper so I will also wait.  ;D
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 07:41:06 PM »
The fact that they are single pose shouldn't that big of a problem. A knife a bit of greenstuff and a quick rummaging through the bitbox should do the trick. As long as the price is right (ie very cheap  :D)

Offline consectari

• Librarian
  • Rat King
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 08:02:42 PM »
I've already picked up a set of the cultists.  Will need to get rid of some chaos symbols.  Some of them will be easy to alter somewhat and different packs, pouches, and paint schemes will make them different enough to pass.

There are actually 11 unique poses.  There are two different leaders, and the two heavy weapons guys come with two different heavy weapons.  You could even arm them with something other than heavy weapons if your setting/rules system doesn't allow for those.

Rumor has it that GW will be making the contents of the DV set available seperately.  If that's true, you know that GW will charge more than 25.00GBP for 20 plastic minis.  I'd be willing to bet that will cause a hike in the price for those from box sets too.
All my best ideas are someone elses

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  Working on my rules and they would great raiders or just wasteland savages.  I say leave the Chaos symbols.

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline GnomesofZurich

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
My of cultists arrived in the mail today. It was $27 for 20 cultists, shipping included, so that doesn't seem too bad. There is not overly much Chaos iconography, so it shouldn't be too hard to make some decent post-apoc rabble.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »
it seems unlikely to me that they will make a boxed set with those sprues, that are ways too big to fit in a standard box. But if they keep the style and the quality making a SERIOUS multi- part box of cultists... well, even if a little more expensive they could worth!

Expecially because for those kind of low-points units the boxes are full of miniatures!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 11:16:26 PM »
Rumor has it that GW will be making the contents of the DV set available seperately.  If that's true, you know that GW will charge more than 25.00GBP for 20 plastic minis.  I'd be willing to bet that will cause a hike in the price for those from box sets too.

You'd be surprised! People prefer multiparts usually, for example the Ork Boyz in Assault on Black Reach generally go for less on eBay than normal ork boyz. There's just less you can do with them..

On another note, I love the cultist models to bits, enough character in each model for them to make excellent P-A Gangers...

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
  • Just another Brain in a Box
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 04:10:41 AM »
There has been a lot of talk around here about them, and my opinion is they would be nice, but I am going to wait and see if they do a separate renegades box.

But, I have a metric butt-load of 15mm Gangers and other denizen's of the Post Apocalypse to finish so right now my opinion is mostly academic...

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 08:06:34 AM »
I've already picked up a set of the cultists.  Will need to get rid of some chaos symbols.  Some of them will be easy to alter somewhat and different packs, pouches, and paint schemes will make them different enough to pass.

There are actually 11 unique poses.  There are two different leaders, and the two heavy weapons guys come with two different heavy weapons.  You could even arm them with something other than heavy weapons if your setting/rules system doesn't allow for those.

I paid this for some. What a sucker I am. Really nice minis though. Perfect for post apoc. Mine are going to be for necromunda. Now I just need a few demons to go with them.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 08:58:12 AM »
with more spikes and evil stuff, though

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »
One of the questions I have is "Will the GW Empire plastic Handgunners and Free Company reasonably interchange with the 40k Plastic Imperial Guard?"

And if any other companies stuff will work.

Offline Infojunky

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 03:31:47 AM »
THey would make good reavers too. Watched Serenity last night

Weird I had the same thought while watching Serenity last night too.....

Thought I am also pondering the Reavers Grav Speeder...