Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:36:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SAGA, Vikings vs. Welsh  (Read 2971 times)

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
SAGA, Vikings vs. Welsh
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:04:10 AM »
Just a short report from last Fridays game (to break the silince that has befallen my blog this month):

http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/2677/

Enjoy,

Burkhard

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: SAGA, Vikings vs. Welsh
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 06:26:00 AM »
Great Bat Rep and some lovely terrain in this report matey  8) 8) 8).

I love the felled trees and the cornfield, are they home made?- really gives the look of the game some real flavour  8) 8).

Keep up the goodly work sir!

Darrell.

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:02:46 AM »
THX Darrell!

No they are both bought. The cornfields are from Battlefieöd Terrain Concepts in the US. A bit pricey, but worht ever penny IMHO. The treestumps are from the now OOP Snapdragon Studios (I also used these as trunks for the K&M trees).

Cheers,

Burkhard

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:38 AM »
THX Darrell!

No they are both bought. The cornfields are from Battlefieöd Terrain Concepts in the US. A bit pricey, but worht ever penny IMHO.

Yeah, nothing beats a good game played on a table with lots of nice miniatures and great terrain  8).

The treestumps are from the now OOP Snapdragon Studios (I also used these as trunks for the K&M trees).

Ah yes, Snap Dragons. I spent a long time humming and harring over buying quite a lot of their terrain and at the end of the day I didn't buy anything from them! They did such great terrain features too. i wonder if anyone is likely to buy the company? It would probably be a good investement.......

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:52:48 AM »
Yeah, nothing beats a good game played on a table with lots of nice miniatures and great terrain  8).

Ah yes, Snap Dragons. I spent a long time humming and harring over buying quite a lot of their terrain and at the end of the day I didn't buy anything from them! They did such great terrain features too. i wonder if anyone is likely to buy the company? It would probably be a good investement.......

I know that feeling. I usually spend a lot of time looking over their stuff as well, but in the end usually just bought half of it. But I actually more than I needed anyway, judging by the fact that I still sold some of it last winter.

Anyway... I really doubt that the company would be sold. When they ceased operations they said that the moulds and everything else would not be sold. Maybe they are planning to start anew when their health improves. But if they were gone forever, it would be a crying shame!

Cheers,

Burkhard

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »
I know that feeling. I usually spend a lot of time looking over their stuff as well, but in the end usually just bought half of it. But I actually more than I needed anyway, judging by the fact that I still sold some of it last winter.

Anyway... I really doubt that the company would be sold. When they ceased operations they said that the moulds and everything else would not be sold. Maybe they are planning to start anew when their health improves. But if they were gone forever, it would be a crying shame!

Indeed it would. I didn't realize that they were in poor health. hopefully it will improve and not just so that we can buy their products again.

Darrell.

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »
According to the homepage, it has something to with the arm wich prevents the operation of the casting machines for a reasonable amount of time a day.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »
According to the homepage, it has something to with the arm wich prevents the operation of the casting machines for a reasonable amount of time a day.

Hope it's not too serious.

Darrell.