Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Game Reports (learning the rules)  (Read 2030 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Game Reports (learning the rules)
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »
DocDuckButter here and I played two games last night, a learning curve for both of us. It has been some time since I last played some solo games so I was rusty and made a few mistakes.

Enjoy the game reports just click over to my blog for Strange Aeons Adventures to see the carnage.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: Game Reports (learning the rules)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:35:21 PM »
As I posted on the blog, the one mistake I noted was in the after-game sequence. While all agents can add new weapons and special gear, only one surviving model may add a skill. So sometimes you might get stuck adding a new skill to a character that doesn't really need it, when another who left the table could really use the help.

For example after six games with my list I've got a crippled leader (who only gets one action per turn) in desperate need of heroic, and a lieutenant with two leg wounds (thus only having a move of 3)! Those two poor fellas need some help badly, but until they survive an encounter I only foresee things going from bad to worse. :/

The rest of my agents simply keep dying after a game or two. :P
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
Thanks, this was just test games, the same group will not return. I can see why it is 1 skill bump instead of multiple. Easy enough to remember next time. Thanks!

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 12:25:03 AM »
Hi

Fine battlereport!

That cemetery terrain piece, is that something you made yourself?  And where did you get the pieces from?
-Brian Bjerregaard Bergh

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »
styx: I would suggest a little more terrain on the table, as with it being quite open, guns will dominate the game if those without do not have anywhere to hide.
 ;)

Good reports and it is nice to see that you are finally getting a chance to play the game as it was intended.
Especially considering that you have done so much to promote the system on here!

That cemetery terrain piece, is that something you made yourself?  And where did you get the pieces from?

The cemetry is an OOP Games Workshop piece.

Perfect for SA if you can get your hands on one.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:21:34 PM by Mason »

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
Hi

Fine battlereport!

That cemetery terrain piece, is that something you made yourself?  And where did you get the pieces from?

The cemetery is an old OOP Games Workshop Fantasy item they made back in the 90's to early 2000 and stopped making it. It was made from light foam and had static grass on it ready to paint. They made a few like the Dwarf Hold and Orc Village.

I have seen them pop up on Ebay, Bartertown and Lead Adventure forums, some cheap, some expensive. A guy locally was selling the Orc village and graveyard not long ago at our store cleaning out his hobby stuff. Almost both both but didn't need a duplicate and the village was nice but of little use as I play very little Fantasy,

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 02:04:45 PM »
styx: I would suggest a little more terrain on the table, as with it being quite open, guns will dominate the game if those without do not have anywhere to hide.
 ;)

Good reports and it is nice to see that you are finally getting a chance to play the game as it was intend.
Especially considering that you have done so much to promote the system on here!

The cemetry is an OOP Games Workshop piece.

Perfect for SA if you can get your hands on one.

Well, I finally met another LAF player locally here so that helps that like Cthulu stuff. I hope that we can get a few more into it soon.

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
Thanks for info Styx. If you see any of those graveyards on sale somewhere, please inform me or buy it for me :-)

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 04:20:29 PM »
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest