Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:21:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690982
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Carnevale beastie  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
New Carnevale beastie
« on: October 02, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »
As mentioned in the Venice & Cthulhu thread, Carnevale is attempting to Indiegogo a new big (& it really is) beastie for their Rashaar faction. It's pretty nice,  about £52 will get you one (not cheap, but as said, it's pretty big, & such a small company would probably be hard stretched to produce such a mini without that increasingly prevalent form of funding).

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: New Carnevale beastie
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »
It is a wonderful looking figure, and will be great for a showcase paint job, but for a game played on a 3ftx3ft table with close packed complex scenery. How the hell are you supposed to get that onto the table.

I love the game and am spending far too much money and time on scenery and figures for it, but would much rather the Kickstarter was to release alternate sculpts for the exisiting mono pose figures.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 06:22:40 PM »
It really is an expensive figure, but that seems to be consistent with those released for Carnevale thus far. I'm tempted by the $275 level one, because it gives me a bunch of stuff, but realistically, no cheaper than if I order it at retail prices. I'll be waiting on this a little while to see if any additional stuff gets added to make it a sweeter deal...even though I do want to support it because I think Carnevale is a great game.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Snugger

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »
The Indiegogo campaign for the Morgraur-Rashaar has been restructured a bit since it was launched, and now they have added stretch goals as well. Since their main page for the campaign is kind of a mess, and I think they deserve a new shout out, I'll post a quick summary of what the funding can get you.

Each perk of $37 or more will get at least one extra blister for free chosen from their website, and perks that cost $200 or more will get two extra blisters for free. Also, if the new stretch goals are met, anyone who has contributed $80 or more in total to the campaign will get one copy of the new models for free (Baba Yaga at $4000, Priest of the Cult of Dagon at $5000, Official of the Cult of Dagon at $7000). And it all ships free worldwide.

So, if you pledge $85 for the new monster, you can also choose one blister for free (from their entire existing range), and you will get any of the stretch goals that are unlocked. Likewise, if you pledge twice for the starter box, you will get two blisters for free, and one copy of each unlocked stretch reward. Well, you get the point. Their prices for the campaign started out looking a bit suspicious, but now I think it's looking quite interesting.

Offline Snugger

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
Here are the concepts for the stretch goals. The Cult of Dagon could fit in a lot of different games. The Baba Yaga looks interesting, but is probably a bit too specific for general use. Especially with that whole cauldron thing going.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:13:52 PM »
I am liking all of those sketches!

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
Can you claim more than one perk?
can I get the rulebook perk $37 (and free Aberration model)
and get the Rashaar Starter perk $52 (and free Radru-Rashaar model)
and still be eligible for the $80+ stretch goals?
That would be around $52 savings + stretches
Ohh and they met their goal! moving on first stretch goal!

Offline Snugger

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
Yes Ithaquatini, from my understanding that is completely correct.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
I've never used Indiegogo. Is it like Kickstarter, where I pay at the end of the campaign? Or do I pay when I make a pledge?

Offline Snugger

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 06:01:03 PM »
You pay when you make the pledge, instead of at the end. They use Paypal as the main payment option, instead of Amazon. You cannot cancel your pledge, but you can claim additional perks later during the campaign.

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
Yep its like Snugger says, I just got back from researching it.  I never used Indigogo, The first thing I did like this is the Reaper Miniature KS.
I guess this way I could make a pledge for a Rashaar starter box one week, and in the next week or so I could make another pledge for the Doctor starter box...spliting up the payments and helping out my wallet.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »
Ah too bad, I'm not sure I'll have money available before the campaign ends. :( I'm in on the Judge Dredd one at the moment and don't want to over extend myself.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 06:56:11 AM »

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »
It really is a good looking model. You know, if you're into that sort of thing!

Things are looking up and if all goes well I will be able to jump in on this one for Monday. Pretty exciting. :) well, at least it is for me.

Offline Snugger

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 11:25:25 AM »
The campaign has gained quite some momentum, and both the Baba Yaga and Priest stretch goals has been met. They have released an image of the Baba Yaga green, as well as the painted fish (as linked by tnjrp). I guess it's time I started building a fitting set of terrain for Carnevale now.