Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: I'm planning a pulp game (Putting the terrain together p.4 )  (Read 12207 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: I'm planning a pulp game (Putting the terrain together p.4 )
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
I love your photos, this is a work of genius.

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »
Legion1963-- You have my advice and permission to give the Peter Jackson "King Kong" a miss. There are a few good lines, but there's no "weight" to the CGI sequences. In the same way that they show a steel-hulled tramp freighter banging broadside into rocks and rolling away like a fiberglas canoe in a stream, they show a 7 meter gorilla who presumably weighs upwards of 10 tons flipping around like an acrobat. And the scene of Kong gliding across the frozen pond in Central Park floored me. "How thick is that ice? No, not that thick, really!"
from Mr.Vampire: "It's the paintjob that makes the miniature fight harder not the size."

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2012, 02:33:53 PM »
Legion1963-- You have my advice and permission to give the Peter Jackson "King Kong" a miss. There are a few good lines, but there's no "weight" to the CGI sequences. In the same way that they show a steel-hulled tramp freighter banging broadside into rocks and rolling away like a fiberglas canoe in a stream, they show a 7 meter gorilla who presumably weighs upwards of 10 tons flipping around like an acrobat. And the scene of Kong gliding across the frozen pond in Central Park floored me. "How thick is that ice? No, not that thick, really!"
So you mean that King Kong, a film about a 10 ton gorilla, isn't a realistic film? My god! :o

Love this thread, and that conversion on the face is fantastic :-*

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
Just... AMAZING!

Love the miniatures, the cards, the scenery... and your converted KONG is a piece of art.

You are sooo talented man.

Thanks for sharing.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
Silversixx -  

I'll accept a 10-ton gorilla - that's fantastic and I like Pulp for elements of the fantastic and the heroic within a real world setting of the 1920s-30s. 10-ton gorillas performing aerial kung-fu gymnastics with Tyrannosaurus Rexes edges leaps into the absurd, which they reinforced by ignoring real-world stuff like the ice and the ship. It seems sometimes that filmmakers throw in elements like the ship sequence because they don't believe that the audience will accept that the ship's in danger if it isn't shooting around like a chip on a millrace. It's like showing a giant cruise ship turning multiple barrel-rolls. (Oh, wait, that movie's been done. Twice....) :)

Sorry about the thread-littering. I really love your AARs, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that I envy your toys and the fun you guys are having!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:38:08 PM by SBRPearce »