Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:06:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Two Dragons Samurai - where to get them and comparison with Peter Pig?  (Read 7184 times)

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
Who exactly produces or supplies Two Dragons Samurai now?

Is it Caliver? Going through their site all I get is a tag page which says they now cast them to order, but Minifigs (also owned/run by Caliver?) have the range listed, and Dixon have a page relating to them but no actual links - so can anyone tell me where orders should actually go or who actually has them/provides them?

Incidentally, I've read that they fit well with the Peter Pig samurai - anyone able to confirm that or provide more details?

Thanks!
Rob

Offline Henrix

• Scientist
  • Fernwright
Re: Two Dragons Samurai - where to get them and comparison with Peter Pig?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:02:30 PM »
Minifigs casts them for Caliver, or something. They're basically the same company.

Very nice figures, though I do believe I read on TMP that the molds were getting old so some figures were not so good any longer.

I don't have any PP samurai, so I can't compare.
--

Online OSHIROmodels

• Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »
They size OK with PP but the PP figures have better detailing and poses.

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »
I have a few Two Dragons as well as quite a lot of Peter Pig. The PP range has the advantage of built in Sashimono so no additional costs when you use them.

Last time I tried Caliver/Minifigs site I wasn't getting anything on the page for the Two Dragons Samurai range - I'll see if Caliver know about it when I see them at  the SELWG show tomorrow.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 12:09:45 AM »
When I bought my Two Dragon Samurai, they were carried here in the US by Brookhurst Hobbies which also carries Peter Pig.  Peter Pig came out with their Samurai just as I was completing my collection, but even though my Samurai collection of Two Dragon figures was quite large, I like the Peter Pig figures and added some to my existing Two Dragon collection.  I think they went well together.  You can see my figures at www.warin15mm.com/page04.html

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 07:35:07 PM »
@War In 15mm: Which Preiser pack included a geisha? Thanks!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:27:52 AM »
WuZhuiQiu, sorry I was so long in responding.  The Preiser geisha comes in a single figure pack (#29052).  As is the case with Preiser in general, she is not inexpensive at $3.99 for the one HO scale figure, but she is very nice.  Richard

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 04:32:18 AM »
Thanks, I must look for one!

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 04:42:15 AM »
It's a bit late for Brookhurst's Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale, but, for future reference, do Two Dragons cavalry come with horses, or must horses be purchased separately?

Thanks again!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 04:42:31 AM »
I think the horses are sold separately.  It's been a long time since I bought mine, but I'm pretty sure that with the exception of the leader packs, the horses are sold separate from the riders.  Sorry I can't be more definite.  Richard

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 07:25:06 PM »
Dixon no longer carries the Two Dragons figures. I had communicated with Tim the owner of the original line and he apparently had the molds back and was casting as he said I could get what I wanted from him... since I had oodles of figures left I never got more. I was also using Peter Pig for my second army so there was little need. I'm not sure where it stands now... to bad as they are wonderful figures and a very extensive line.

I disagree that PP figures are better I have TWO 300 figure armies, one completely Two Dragons and the second a 50-50 mix and they mesh perfectly (other than the Shasimono sizes but there are ways to work that out) I mostly keep the different manufacturers in different units on the Ashigaru units I mix up the Samurai figures ans officers no problem. Two Dragons have better sculpts for many of their samurai and higher leaders with many more poses available. Peter Pig is good two but limited by the simple fact that they were sculpted for the Battle in the Age of War game and once there were figures enough for that the range stopped. The Sashimono being sculpted into the figure for me is good on one hand and bad on the other. I like to vary figures in a unit with a few not having them and I cant do that with PP however painting and attaching them to the TD figure is more work and they are prone to breakage by heavy handed players. The TD sashimono are larger and I like having the bit of additional room for "mons"

I'll try and post some other picture of the PP figs and more TDs as I find them. These below a from I think my entry in LPL3? of course there are a few customazations in there ::)

Bill

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »
Beautiful!

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
Two Dragons Cav come separately. I think the are packs of 5 running, standing, trotting. The lords packs come with a horse if the leader is depicted mounted!