Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser  (Read 3412 times)

Offline ryoden

• Librarian
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »
AWESOME :)

Loved CP2020, I still have my website dedicated to our old rp sessions many years ago.  Looking forward to it :)
The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:08 AM »
If it's done by the folks who did The Witcher, chances are those future babes will be getting their cyber tits out at some point.

Cyberpunk 2020? Pah, young whippersnappers. I had the original Cyberpunk 2013 box set that came out in the 80s. They lied! I should be able to go into Currys and buy a bionic arm right now, today, according to that book. :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:58:21 AM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline n815e

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »
I thought Rezolution had such potential. I so wanted to like it but ended up underwhelmed by the figs and the tone of the fluff.

A game is what you make of it.  Use whichever models you want (I like much of the line, myself, but mix it with other manufacturers) and if the fluff doesn't appeal to you then you could always add your own.
The game mechanics are fantastic.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 04:15:23 PM »
A game is what you make of it.  Use whichever models you want (I like much of the line, myself, but mix it with other manufacturers) and if the fluff doesn't appeal to you then you could always add your own.
The game mechanics are fantastic.

Yeah dude, I get that.

It's personal opinion. Some folks liked it. Rez didn't trip my trigger. And at some point, it's simply easier to find another good game system than sift/strip an existing one down to the core mechanics, write up new stat cards, etc.

Offline n815e

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
In your opinion, sure.

You complained about models, but there are other manufacturers out there.  You complained about fluff, but you can create your own.  I've never played a game where we haven't created our own stories and characters.
It's not that hard and most games are easy enough to work this out.
You don't like the game, fine.
But I'm simply pointing out that your specific complaints can be addressed by anyone interested in playing the game.

If you've found a different cyberpunk game system that offers gameplay that is interesting and fun, good for you.  Why don't you chime in and tell us which system you use?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »
Played some Rezolution, but it really felt like a weaker version of Warmachine. A lot of similar mechanics, but IMO the whole initiative system ruined it. Had several games where the whole outcome of the game was determined by a single initiative roll. And some weapons felt unbalanced (like shotguns). Oh well. But in general it had potential. Such a shame Abberant supports it so poorly.

Would be great if some other company took over and pushed this game some more. Some more releases and source material would be great!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »
Played some Rezolution...
But obviously you moved on; I believe I bought some of your Rezolution stuff last year. :D

I loved the trailer; looks promising and fits right in with Deus Ex, which I also greatly enjoyed. Both are excellent sources of inspiration for the scifi roleplaying campaign my mates and I are playing right now. (and those Rez minis are exactly for that campaign ;) ).

Cool stuff! 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »
In your opinion, sure.

You complained about models, but there are other manufacturers out there.  You complained about fluff, but you can create your own.  I've never played a game where we haven't created our own stories and characters.
It's not that hard and most games are easy enough to work this out.
You don't like the game, fine.
But I'm simply pointing out that your specific complaints can be addressed by anyone interested in playing the game.

If you've found a different cyberpunk game system that offers gameplay that is interesting and fun, good for you.  Why don't you chime in and tell us which system you use?

Dude - defensive? 

Actually I said I was "underwhelmed" and specified it was my opinion. Both comments were in response to a side-mention of Rez in this cyberpunk-related  discussion. I don't think I'm alone in my opinions, but I'm not launching a slag-session of Aberrant or building a case.

Like I said, Rez's core mechanics are decent. As a package though, Rezolution didn't work for me. I moved on to 5150 (where you create your own fluff, stories and characters) and am currently investigating Infinity.

If you'd like to discuss other cyberpunk game systems and or figures, we could start another thread. This one is about the teaser/trailer.

Or were you just trolling?