Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:01:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dystopian Wars Martians!  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Dystopian Wars Martians!
« on: October 08, 2012, 10:58:58 AM »
Looked on the forum, but didn't see these mentioned so far.

The ‘What If…?’ World War! Written by Spartan Games | Tags: Dystopian Wars
As gamers of Dystopian Wars you know that the nations and factions of the world are locked in a bitter and gruelling World War with one another, with two major power blocs striving for supremacy, and many lesser nations flocking to support one or other of these great alliances.
But what about this question: what would it take to pull all of these warring factions away from each other’s throats, and force them to stand together in common cause? Well we think the answer is a simple one. And it goes something like this:
An invasion by a power not of this world, using technology so far advanced that it makes even the greatest achievements of Man seem like child’s play. And to make it worse, these invaders don’t want to simply win the war, they are hell-bent on cleansing the planet of the inferior race they see as infecting the world!

Add 25 more Tiny Flyers and here's your Invader Bundle
And so we present the story of the Invasion of Earth by a hostile alien intelligence, known to humanity only as ‘The Invaders’. These mysterious beings command extraordinary powers, but are utterly inimical to all earthly life, seeking only to destroy it and alter the very world itself to suit their own needs.
The events of this campaign are speculative – it is not intended to be part of the plotline of the Dystopian Wars game, which we are rapidly developing and expanding in our campaign books and other publications. Instead, it provides an account of just how the human nations of the world might react when faced with such a mysterious, deadly and relentless enemy.
It is also a chance for you, the players, to pit your forces against the military might of a terrifying new foe from beyond both the stars and human understanding. Or perhaps you will choose to side with the Invaders in their attempt to purge this valuable jewel of a planet of its current unworthy residents.
Either way, you must marshal your forces, stand fast and load heavy ammunition – the Invaders are here!

So what next?
 Right now you should download the Invaders rules that allow our new Studio Sparta models to work within the Dystopian Wars setting. We’ve made these models different to our other models, so these Invaders play differently to the existing nations of the world. Follow this link to download our Invaders PDF.
Now put November 5th in your diary (yes, we know it is already there….but this one will see a lot of alien fireworks kicking off!) and watch out for our Invasion of Earth blog which will detail how you can get yourself involved in our worldwide campaign as we invite you to either defend the world… or destroy it! Whatever takes your fancy.
So until this fateful day… get your Invaders ready, read the rules, find an opponent to obliterate and come sign up for duty. The date again is November 5th. We’ll see you then.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/the-what-if-world-war

:-* :-* :-* :-*
Wow...must have these! Fantastic sculpts!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: Dystopian Wars Martians!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
Always thought DW looked like a fun game, like the fluff, like the minis, & now this! As if I didn't have enough projects on the go...
(Time to dig out the Jeff Wayne I think) 

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 02:14:35 PM »
Merde, how long has this been announced?  :o

Were there hints not passed on to me by my store partners???

THIS could revitalize a mostly moribund gaming group; not a certainty, but if anything could...

Doug

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »
Hmm, it gets interesting... 8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 10:31:29 PM »
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one they say
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 10:48:35 PM »
Yea I have had Jeff Wayne on the mind and often on the ear since these were announced. Dystopian Wars is my girlfriends favoured wargame and Jeff Wayne's musical version of war of the worlds was the first concert we went to together, fondly remembered. So this is kind of a much buy, for both of us.  :-*
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »
I like them. I don´t know if I will buy an army but I would like to paint some of those tripods, they are interesting indeed.