Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:20:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 656
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Achtung! Cthulhu - Webcomic Miniatures?  (Read 3025 times)

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
Achtung! Cthulhu - Webcomic Miniatures?
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:50:55 AM »
We've just spent the weekend taking some fantastic photos for an upcoming web coming featuring miniature battle reports detailing the exploits of members of Charlie Company deep behind enemy lines in WW2.

Now I'm after some very cool individual weird war / horror / WW2 heroes and villains to feature over the coming months so I thought I'd put a call out for a 'casting' for these heroes?

Fancy suggesting a miniature or pack of miniatures from a company and who you think they are? Any we choose will get a free copy of our first Achtung! Cthulhu PDF release 'Three Kings' and we may use your character name and story!

Let me set the scene - Charlie Company, acting on information that a ultra secret Nazi base deep inside a foreboding forest is developing a new secret weapon, manages to penetrate deep behind enemy lines. Of course, all is definitely not what it seems.

So I'm thinking resistance fighters, professors, downed pilots, commandoes, SOE operatives, villainous scientists and German officers, twisted experiments...bring it on :-)

www.modiphius.com
Achtung! Cthulhu - Terrifying WW2 Roleplaying Setting
ONE WAR - New miniatures system for Achtung! Cthulhu

Offline Lysander

• Assistant
Re: Achtung! Cthulhu - Webcomic Miniatures?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »
I purchased the "Achtung Cthulhu" pdf.  It's very nicely done (I already own Realms of Cthulhu). 

I've been thinking about running a WWII roleplay/skirmish game using the Savage Worlds rules for our Monday night group-without telling them it's Achtung Cthulhu.   The first few sessions would be straight then it would get weird real fast.  I have always thought the best way to really get the whole surprise/horror of Cthulhu is if people don't know (at least initially) they are playing in the mythos.

Our group already owns 50 or so Miniature Building Authority buildings so it would be easy to set it in WWII Yugoslavia.  All we need are the WWII figs at this point.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:20:17 PM by Lysander »

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 03:10:23 AM »

Our group already owns 50 or so Miniature Building Authority buildings

:o Pics of a setup please!

Offline Lysander

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:55:04 AM »
See what I can do but I am the tech illiterate - I don't even take pictures (or know how to) on my phone.  Sad thing is we have built a "to scale" interior of the Coliseum, built the village from the climatic battle of the "13th Warrior", etc., etc.  We are blessed with a couple of great artists and some prolific painters (doesn't mean we are all great but some of the group are).   At the moment, the buildings are on shelving we built (along with the 10,000 painted orcs-not kidding).

I have often told our group its tragic that that we don't actually get pictures of our toys up on the net.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:56:44 AM by Lysander »

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
Have to recommend Artizan as a company for very characterful minis, if only for their Kelly, Big Joe & Oddball. I imagine that the Thrilling Tales range would provide some excellent minis for your scenario.
http://www.artizandesigns.com/list.php?cat=121&man=12&page=2 (for Kelly's Heroes).
 In addition, Reaper's Chronoscope & Pulp Figures (weird menace range) have some great suitable minis
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:18:53 PM by Ballardian »

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 11:16:43 PM »
Yes Artizan have some great character minis, thinking of using some for future episodes of the comic - which is live and free to download here...
http://www.modiphius.com/web-comic.html

Or you can see our battle reports and 'in development' system called One War here...

http://www.modiphius.com/one-war-system.html