Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Beefcakes Fantasy May 2022  (Read 45167 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Dungeon Beasties 3 march. Mr grub.
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2013, 03:19:24 PM »
Your new additions to The Cause are SPLENDID LOOKING Nasties. That BIG Heresy Worm Fellow is one of the pieces I'd be unable to resist if it was more readily available. GREAT WORK!

I also just splurged on some Other World minis. Architects of War put them on sale with free shipping; that, combined with a pathetic lack of will power, ensured a purchase. At any rate their minis look WONDERFUL...enjoy the painting!

Don't you hate it when you look at the mini and notice that you have missed a spot. Only one eye amongst the lot of these guys and I missed it. GRRR. Still really happy with how they turned out.

It's part of the Diabolical Nature of Cameras that they pick out little flaws in the finest of paint jobs. My own Demonically Possessed Camera of Continual Contrariness II further makes matte colors appear glossy & modifies the coloration in a disturbing manner...I'm certain it also makes faces at me when I'm not looking.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
That spider is wicked looking. Very good skills here.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Thanks all.

It's part of the Diabolical Nature of Cameras that they pick out little flaws in the finest of paint jobs. My own Demonically Possessed Camera of Continual Contrariness II further makes matte colors appear glossy & modifies the coloration in a disturbing manner...I'm certain it also makes faces at me when I'm not looking.

lol

Offline paulvonscott

• Assistant
There are some giant slimy flatworms here, that wrap around their prey and slowly digest them alive. 

http://www.midlamminiatures.co.uk/creeping-jeepers/CJ-A.html

That tunnel dweller is truly horrible (in the nicest possible way).

:)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Thanks Paul.
I'll be getting a load of worms with my assimilation host from troll forged later so unfortunately don't need those worms. They wood be fun though  :)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Right. It's been a while but I've managed to get a bit of paintng done lately, here are some red box goblins. Small little guys on 20mm bases. Not amazing paint jobs on them but they do the trick.
I've made these guys into a song of blades and heroes warband with the giant as a big guy support - just makes them look a bit scarier. The giant is from reaper but also by tre manor.

Got to stop taking photos with my iPad, it's useless, I think from now I'll go back to the trusty camera. :)

Next up is an old cockatrice. Ral partha I think. Currently on the painting table.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:47:17 AM by beefcake »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Dungeon beasties, goblins, 26th December.
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »
Thanks scurv, easy to paint. :)
I finished this dragon yesterday (and started it yesterday too) also finished the cockatrice today too. Next up is a heresy blight hero and then probably some otherworld skeletons.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:47:33 AM by beefcake »

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Re: Dungeon beasties, goblins and a dragon, 26th December.
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2013, 10:54:24 AM »
Nice work Beefcake. The giant and gobbo's look great. Loving the Dragon I need to get me a Dragon at some point :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »
NICE PROGRESS! Giant, Goblins, & Dragon all are LOOKING GOOD! I especially like the Giant; the Dragon brings back memories...I did that Grenadier mini more times than I'd care to think about; AND the Goblins are, as always, COOL. GREAT WORK!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2013, 04:56:12 AM »
Thanks guys.
Brummie, this is only the second dragon I have owned, the first was when I was eleven and is now long gone, except for one arm. Dragons seem to be the creature most associated with fantasy yet aren't really bought like other fantasy creature. Probably due to their size I guess.
Here's the cockatrice checking out some fine fine glitter.  lol

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:47:52 AM by beefcake »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Dungeon beasties, goblins dragon and a cockatrice, 27th December.
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
Lovely and inspiring stuff in this thread - I'm particularly enthralled with the pink spider...suuuuper creepy looking.  :-X
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
Making great progress with all the beasties

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
That is a TERRIFIC mini; I love the colors you chose & the brushwork is OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL DONE!

He looks like he's waiting for something to emerge from behind the Glitter...possibly Elton John or Richard Simmons.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:53:06 PM by DeafNala »

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »
"Behold the cockatrice, whose diminutive stature belies its hidden might. The cockatrice can petrify any ordinary being it contacts - save those wise adventurers who eat a dead lizard or blob of acid when they feel themselves slowly turning to stone."

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
That is a TERRIFIC mini; I love the color you chose & the brushwork is OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL DONE!

He looks like he's waiting for something to emerge from behind the Glitter...possibly Elton John or Richard Simmons.
lol
"Behold the cockatrice, whose diminutive stature belies its hidden might. The cockatrice can petrify any ordinary being it contacts - save those wise adventurers who eat a dead lizard or blob of acid when they feel themselves slowly turning to stone."
Well better than eating a live lizard. This one isn't so diminutive it's about the same height, maybe a little smaller than your average 28mm miniature.