Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hell On Earth Post Apoc Miniature Kickstarter  (Read 6417 times)

Offline greyseerco

• Bookworm
Hell On Earth Post Apoc Miniature Kickstarter
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
I just realized I had not seen a thread here about this particularly Post Apoc themed Miniatures Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/hell-on-earth-miniature-mega-release

Their pricing is a bit odd, but in general for $25 you get 4 "Core" miniatures. 

Then for each $6 you pledge above that you get your pick of those miniatures that get unlocked as goals are reached.

There is now an option to get 10 picks for about a $5 saving (you get the core 4 and 10 picks, normally $85, now for $80) that also gets you any bonus "freebies" like if they reach $15K you will get a 3-pack of wormlings.   

They got a lot of goals to reach to unlock all the various miniatures (my personal hope is it break $50K as thats where the reckoners are (mutant priests).

So if you are a fan of PA minis check them out.

(Note: I am just a backer and no way represent PEGInc or any of its properties).

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
Re: Hell On Earth Post Apoc Miniature Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:31:14 AM »
Greens looks very promising.  Need to think about supporting this project.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »
Two of those initial 4 figures are Kickstarter exclusives, although I suspect there will be alternate versions in the released set.

I really want to back this as I'm a Deadlands fan, but I've backed a few already this year and my wife has called a stop. She'll let me if it's worth it though :)

My issue with this one is the initial buy ins don't really get you much (unless you want the books and haven't already pre-ordered them). Even the figure buy ins are a bit of an issue as everything in the kickstarter is based on them reaching their stretch goals. Currently I can buy a bundle of 10 extra figures, of which only 2 new ones are available....

There really isn't much of an incentive to join up early, which makes it harder to reach those stretch goals, which in turn makes it harder to get more interest. If they're running it like this where you buy your options, they should have had some of those options available from the start.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline ancient one

• Bookworm
  • ....he's behind me right
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
I know I shouldn't but...I'm in.
Love Deadlands and the Hell on earth setting.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »
Two of those initial 4 figures are Kickstarter exclusives, although I suspect there will be alternate versions in the released set.

I really want to back this as I'm a Deadlands fan, but I've backed a few already this year and my wife has called a stop. She'll let me if it's worth it though :)

My issue with this one is the initial buy ins don't really get you much (unless you want the books and haven't already pre-ordered them). Even the figure buy ins are a bit of an issue as everything in the kickstarter is based on them reaching their stretch goals. Currently I can buy a bundle of 10 extra figures, of which only 2 new ones are available....

There really isn't much of an incentive to join up early, which makes it harder to reach those stretch goals, which in turn makes it harder to get more interest. If they're running it like this where you buy your options, they should have had some of those options available from the start.
Yeah, all this..if it gets further along I'm sure I will jump in.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline greyseerco

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »
Since they didnt put a cap on the number of $80 10 (+4) figure levels, I am starting with 25 + 6/figure released, adjusting up as they rescue new ones,  and once they break 10 figures I will then switch over.  No need to have 10 of 2 poses.

Kicktraq has them hitting around $40K at their current pace.  I am crossing my fingers for $50K.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:25:51 PM »
Yeah, all this..if it gets further along I'm sure I will jump in.

I am starting with 25 + 6/figure released, adjusting up as they rescue new ones,  and once they break 10 figures I will then switch over. 

Both of which make my point perfectly  :D ;)

I still have hopes for it...

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 11:03:56 PM »
I do love the Deadlands setting...it's tempting to get some figures.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline greyseerco

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »
Well someone got the generous bug at this Kickstarter.
They dropped the stretch goals by 20%, so now they get unlocked every $4K instead of every $5K.  And since they just broke $15K the wormlings are out and they are just a smidge away from the next Scrapper.  So all in all making it easier to get in on this.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 09:58:18 PM »
Wait..what happened to all the other locked minis? I really wanted the Police & cowboy looking guys!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »
Sorry Mate, I've hit over-saturation with KS projects, especially 'zombie' or 'pa' offerings.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »
Still very tempting, but I've spent a LOT of money of crowd funded projects this year. Dunno if I can do any more... At least I have a few weeks to think about it.

Offline greyseerco

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
Sorry Mate, I've hit over-saturation with KS projects, especially 'zombie' or 'pa' offerings.
That is something I am seeing a lot of.   Guess kickstarter is reaching saturation levels.

Offline greyseerco

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
Wait..what happened to all the other locked minis? I really wanted the Police & cowboy looking guys!

I guess they needed to update the images to show the new lower price levels because I see them there.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1176616619/hell-on-earth-miniature-mega-release

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 11:27:14 PM »
That is something I am seeing a lot of.   Guess kickstarter is reaching saturation levels.

I didnt mean this as a slam to the project, I wish you guys success.  But my average investment in a KS project is WAY over $100.00, and my cup is empty :(

The figs look great and I hope you guys do very well with them!