Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Shadowrun Ork Street Samurai Conversion  (Read 2634 times)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Shadowrun Ork Street Samurai Conversion
« on: October 15, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »
A simple conversion using a Heroclix Black Tarantula and a D&D Minis orc warrior head.

Hopefully a few more cool pre-painted finds can result in more varied options with regard to Ork, Elf, and Troll PCs and NPCs. 

My blog has a couple of more pics of this one.  Thanks for looking! 

--Scott

Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Shadowrun Ork Street Samurai Conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 04:40:54 PM »
I like your Shadowrun Mumbai project, it's pretty unique :)

Your Street samurai is nice, I guess his outfit, weapon and pose makes him more Samurai than Street, huh? ;)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
I like your Shadowrun Mumbai project, it's pretty unique :)

Your Street samurai is nice, I guess his outfit, weapon and pose makes him more Samurai than Street, huh? ;)

Yeah, I just statted him up using the free Chummer automated chargen software.  He's got cyberware, but it's not really obvious on the model. I gave him Wired Reflexes, Muscle Replacement, Thermo Vision, and a few other things. His blade counts as a monofilament sword, and he's got a machine pistol.  The outfit makes a good camo suit, and his gloves count as Shock Gloves.

He'll do the job! 

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 03:20:44 AM »
man someone really ought to make a set of rules for a Shadowrun miniatures game.

I thought about doing it with the Resolution rules set but I never really got past the contemplative stage.....
In hoc signo vinces

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 11:26:56 AM »
In the past, I have thought about creating a set of rules that were called "Cyber Assault" which would have been Shadowrun without the fantasy elements. Basically a small team of operatives would break into a secure compound of some rival corporation and try to overcome various obstacles, from cameras to turrets to invisible movement sensors and laser barriers. And guards of course, with more reinforcements pouring in once the alarm was sounded, until the Coporate Spec Ops team would try to defend the building. The Not-Shadowrunners would have to steal a datacore, hack into computer systems to disable security infrastructure, and assassinate or kidnap an important scientist or steal a prototype weapon.

It would have been a futuristic dungeon crawler with strong RPG elements and a campaign framework. Typical roles would be the basic fighter/Street Samurai, Hacker/Decker, Ultra-Thief with advanced optic camouflage and acrobatic skills to match (also possible as a master assassin), and Rigger who controls small surveillance and combat drones to help out and send them through airducts were humans can't fit.

I think this has never been done before, hopefully a manufacturer will pick something like this up in the future, at the moment it's all just a few notes on my HD ;)

Offline Chuck1372

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 02:58:08 AM »
man someone really ought to make a set of rules for a Shadowrun miniatures game.

FASA made one back in the 90's.  It was a boxed set called DMZ.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 12:46:35 PM »
Yeah... from what I understand, it was more of a skirmish game without the whole breaking into a complex, hacking or buying equipment stuff, or even a campaign :(