Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More SA questions  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Black Cavalier

• Scientist
  • Pro Rege et Regnum
More SA questions
« on: November 05, 2012, 05:35:48 AM »
Thanks all for answering my last set of questions.  In putting together my cheat sheet, I came up with a few more.  & this time I even checked the FAQ to ensure they wheren't answered there.

1) When a figure leaves combat due to Revulsion, it receives a Free Wound.  Is that just the opponent rolling a single d6 + weapon bonus to resolve it?

2) Can a single Turn of Shooting or Close Combat cause more than 1 Wound?  In the Damage section, it says if the damage roll equals the target's Con, a wound is caused.  But it doesn't say what happens if the die roll exceeds the Con.  For every point of damage above the target's Con, is an additional Wound caused?  Is this the same for both Shooting & Close Combat?

3) A Critical Miss for shooting occurs when 2 1s are rolled consecutively.  But Close Combat Critical Miss says the miss occurs if only a single 1 is rolled.  Is this correct?  Is any 1 in close combat considered a Critical Miss?

4) How exactly do you make a Resolve test?  The Psychology section tells you when & when not to make the test.  & what it's affects are.  I assume you need to roll equal to or above the figure's Resolve since the stat is listed as 3+, but I couldn't find anywhere in the rules that actually said that.

Thanks
Remember, remember, the Dalek December
With Paris in ruins and London in ember
In times of the future when fears are abating
Don’t try to forget them, the Daleks are waiting
Quietly planning and scheming and hating…

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
Re: More SA questions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »

2) Can a single Turn of Shooting or Close Combat cause more than 1 Wound?  In the Damage section, it says if the damage roll equals the target's Con, a wound is caused.  But it doesn't say what happens if the die roll exceeds the Con.  For every point of damage above the target's Con, is an additional Wound caused?  Is this the same for both Shooting & Close Combat?

Yes, see the FAQ. If you roll above the target's CON, one additional wound is scored per point above the con. If more wounds are caused than health, then add +1 to the Injury roll. (ie. If you do 3 damage to a guy who has one health, add 2 to the Injury Table roll, thereby increasing the odds of a Major Injury.)

4) How exactly do you make a Resolve test?  The Psychology section tells you when & when not to make the test.  & what it's affects are.  I assume you need to roll equal to or above the figure's Resolve since the stat is listed as 3+, but I couldn't find anywhere in the rules that actually said that.
Roll 1D6. If the roll is less than your RES score, you become insane.
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: More SA questions
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
1) A free wound is exactly that. No rolling with a close combat weapon. If it's the model's last wound toll 2d6 and see what happens on the injury table.

3) You're correct. Since there's no gun to jam in close combat you don't need to roll a second time. A single 1 is a miss. You would add that 1 to your opponent's total...making it more likely that they'll hit you.

4) A resolve test is a single die roll against your RES. If you fail, roll again on the insanity table to see what the effect is. (I'm usually praying for frenzy... ;)
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca