Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:06:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Albuquerque Zombie Center  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Sixmilletoe

• Librarian
  • Shop smart...
Re: Albuquerque Zombie Center
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »
Funny thing is, even in their unwashed overweight bodies, tabletop gamer still have the best chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse since they are arguably the humans with the most knowledge on All Things Zombie ;)

So true  lol

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »
I'm sorry but most gamers would be meat on a stick toot sweet. Too nice, too unfit and too man skill incompetent to survive. The ones that have those skills are usually in the police and armed forces in our community and they all seem to be invested with strong morals and a sense of duty meaning they all get eaten in the early outbreak when their units get over run. Oh and not to mention most gamers live in big towns or cities which will be the first to go.

Honestly now, how many of you can fix a car or motorbike? Run a generator or pump? Use tools competently and can build 1:1 scale structures? have the strength, skill and natural aggression to destroy multiple walking corpses? Have any sort of survival training or experience or even experienced a major national disaster? Ever shot a gun? Know how to clean and maintain one? and the ones that do how often can they hit a moving head sized target while under pressure?

Then look around you right now. Got at least 3 months food and water and are in a building you can fortify with material immediatly to hand? What about geting rid of waste both 'natural' and generated? What is your source of power and how long can you power it for? Got seeds and a water tank and food animals to keep going after the stored food is expended and know how to make it all happen?

Hows your first aid, dont want to die because a shaving cut got infected now.

Then if you have got all that...what about being able to kill the sort of people that will survive by taking what they need by force or guile or by playing on their helplessness.

I really dont know if being the sort of person that would survive something like that is the sort of person that can currently function well in society. (serving and ex millitary aside of course as most of thats all on the job training.)

Of all these skills you mentioned, I am a professional at not one of them :D

But what is more important is knowing that these skills will be important!

Offline Sixmilletoe

• Librarian
  • Shop smart...
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »
And when all is said and done, "there not all that"  ;)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »
I'll take my chances    ;)
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 10:47:32 AM »
Jake, If there was a zombie plauge would you stick with your unit or go home? See if you stick with your unit them good chance your eaten.

I'm no longer active duty.  I work as a contractor for the Army now.   ;)

Our place is pretty well suited for riding out disasters of any type.

I agree with you though, if I was in a unit, by the time you realize it is hopeless and start thinking of deserting, it would be too late.   I'm glad I would not have to make that choice.  I suspect I would be eaten while fighting with the unit.

My wife is still active (just made the O6/Colonel promotion list!) and is assigned about 8 hours away (comes 'home' a couple weekends a month at this point).   I sure as heck would try to get her to unass.  She works in a big HQ so though they would not be fighting, they also don't have a big well stocked arms room and a ready load of ammo on hand.

Offline Sixmilletoe

• Librarian
  • Shop smart...
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »
I'd watch it!

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 11:56:33 AM »
Dont forget in a zombie plauge there is no front line and a HQ unit might be just the place to park a MASH unit....

Oh, I get that.  My point is that her unit is a bunch of non-combat arms upper rank types and civilians who are zombie chow.   They won't be put out on the front lines, and are hosed when the first rotter shows up (and they will).

Ya know what would make a good reality TV show. Zombie survivor. Sorta like survivor but with meth crazed baboons included to simulate rage zombies. I suspect being voted off the island would be the least of your worries.
  I think I would rather go against an actual rage zombie than a meth crazed baboon.  Regular baboons are brutal enough, and damned fast, and since they don't move like humans and are smaller they would be a problem.

But I would watch the show!

Offline Baconfat

• Librarian
    • baconfatblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 02:07:44 AM »
Which archtype gamer would liver longer:  GW/Warmachine, historical, or independent types (who play games no one else does)?

GW/Warmachine=younger, quicker, yet inexperienced with life and real warfare

historical=more often than not a vet, ranging from Korea to Afghanistan; but usually older, overweight and slow to remember valuable knowledge and often disagreeable

Independents ala I play the rules I wrote or are so obscure only 8 copies were sold=loner, possibly survivalist, who might be blissfully unaware of the apocalypse

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 03:08:51 AM »
Great looking table! 

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 03:24:19 AM »
AMAZING table!

Sure a pleasure to play a game with.

And the "save your life... and minis" scenario must have to be a BLAST!

Thanks for sharing.

I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!