Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686645
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Barsoomian Princess  (Read 7163 times)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Barsoomian Princess
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 09:39:15 AM »
I'm aware that the middle miniature is depicting a not-John Carter.

The physiology of Red Martians is not exactly described in the books as I recall. It is however fairly obvious that their males must've had the dangly bitz since Carter was able to pass off as one without comment and it is also commonly assumed, despite it being not-very-likely given they are indeed egglayers, that their females also were human analogues to the point of having teh b00b1es.

Namely It would seem unlikely Carter would go on about the perfect beauty of Dejah Thoris if she looked positively prepubescent. Although obviously as I said in another thread, he was quite possibly a little unhinged anyway, so who knows... lol

Offline abdul666lw

• Scientist
    • Lacepulp & High Adventure (board)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 12:57:15 PM »
Some covers of 'Dejah Thoris - Warlord of Mars'

are more faithful to her nudity and 'perfect beauty' than even Frazetta's paintings -his women are a little plump below the waist and a little skinny above.

Barsoomian biology is more... bizarre (read: incredible) than any steampunk 'weird' technology; your 'obvious dangly bitz' indeed seem to refute the Monotreme hypothesis, so convenient to explain the Red Martians' surprising lack of taboo about total nudity ('real' pubescent humans wear at least a micro loincloth or a penis shaft). Then John Carter was obviously 'different' anyway -lighter skin, and more hairy (and  I doubt Red Martians have facial hair)- so maybe this... peculiarity was noticed but not commented upon, Barsoomians are accustomed to so much anatomo-morphological diversity? Besides, I should learn more about the intimate functioning of male Monotremes: are they totally deprived of external genitalia (like birds) or is the 'dangly bitz' stored inside when not in use (as for male kangaroos)? In the later case John Carter would look to Martian eyes as if suffering priapism (so much the more with a naked 'perfectly beautiful' Dejah Thoris within view... :o ;D :-*). It would have be very embarrassing and impolite for Martians to comment about it. And if indeed 'at ease / resting' male Martians sport no external genitalia, John Carter is too reserved to comment about his secret satisfaction: to gloat about his extraordinary jumping performance in Barsoom lower gravity flatters his ego enough o_o

As for the ample bosom, Monotremes *do* produce milk, and according to Desmond Morris the obtrusive breast of female human is a consequence of the upright stance / bipedal walk, so... :)

Anyway I love to imagine John Carter's face when some sensitive part of his anatomy met for the first time Dejah Thoris' eggshell laying apparatus :o :o :o

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »
Michi,

Fantastic painting!
Thanks

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 06:59:57 PM »
The male here is the 'hero from Earth'. True Martians, being egg-laying mammals (their 'mammal' nature cannot be denied!) are Monotremes just like our platypus: no external genitalia, an extremely unobtrusive cloaca, hence their lack of clothing prejudices.

In other words an asshole so tight you could sharpen a pencil in it.  Useful that. lol

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
Barsoomian biology looks great to me.    :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline abdul666lw

• Scientist
    • Lacepulp & High Adventure (board)
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »
In other words an asshole so tight you could sharpen a pencil in it.
At least a decade since I re-read 'A Princess of Mars', but I don't remember Dejah Thoris was specially anal retentive? It's mainly a feature of some wargamers, mainly Napoleonics :D

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 11:39:32 PM »
Michi, you are the master of the flesh tone.  :-*

I'm always amazed at your work!