Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:24:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690756
  • Total Topics: 118347
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: More Q&A from Last Night  (Read 2381 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
More Q&A from Last Night
« on: November 09, 2012, 01:34:48 PM »
So, after a few games last night a few interesting/weird moments and questions came up and I wanted to toss the questions out to see what the correct way to deal with this was.

1) Character charges around a building and engages a Suicide Cultist in Hand to Hand. It is a draw (fails to wound with the free strike as well). Top of the turn, Character wins and knocks the Cultist down. Yes there were more bad dice rolls with an armed character with a knife vs. an unarmed cultist. As it is the Lurker turn, as an action (twice in a row) the Lurker decides to try to detonate instead of standing up and fighting. He of course fails his resolve tests, but he can’t run away (which is what he rolled) as he is down and locked in hand to hand. Was that done right? (DocDuckButter, correct me if I got anything wrong in the question). Top of next turn he was taken out of action by the free strike.

2) If Dynamite or a Molotov cocktail goes off (a blast template) and the target model is in a multi level building would the blast affect all models under the template despite what floor they are on or just that level?

3) Ancient Warriors: do they get to use their special save of 5+ vs shooting against blasts (dynamite for example)? We assumed yes after discussing.

DocDuckButter if you can think of anything else, post it up also….
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:05:58 PM by styx »
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
Re: More Q&A from Last Night
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »
We've always played regarding explosives that on a multifloor building, or rather in ANY building, if the explosion is outside the building (ie. template is outside the building) then any model that "ground zero" has LOS to inside the building is affected. If the explosion is inside the building, everyone in the building is affected, and anyone outside must have LOS to the explosion point.

Don't know if it's official, but it certainly works really well.
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »
I got this result for an Agent with Major Injury: Multiple Injuries (rolled 3)
1) Crippled (1 action)
2) Fully Recovery
3) Emboldened (free skill)

Does Full Recovery cancel Crippled?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
I got this result for an Agent with Major Injury: Multiple Injuries (rolled 3)
1) Crippled (1 action)
2) Fully Recovery
3) Emboldened (free skill)

Does Full Recovery cancel Crippled?

No.
Just means he recovered from whatever the injury was that was one of a 'multiple'.
The others still apply.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »
Ack! I also wrote #3 down wrong, Agent's could not get 66, should be 56...with the -1 off the "tens" so that would be Hate. I did it for the other two, just missed it on the last one.

Offline DoctorDuckButter

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »

DocDuckButter if you can think of anything else, post it up also….

Sure, How many ones should a man roll before he just calls it a night?  lol

Offline Black Cavalier

• Scientist
  • Pro Rege et Regnum
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »
For #1, you didn't say if the Cultist was Face Up or Face Down.  I believe if he was Face Down, he can't do anything except try to stand up, so couldn't have tried to detonate.  If he was Face Up, he could have tried to detonate, but then wouldn't have been automatically killed when your figure was activated.
Remember, remember, the Dalek December
With Paris in ruins and London in ember
In times of the future when fears are abating
Don’t try to forget them, the Daleks are waiting
Quietly planning and scheming and hating…

Offline DoctorDuckButter

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 03:08:33 PM »
Here is a real question....

My Mummy was in HtH with Styx Hero and Agent, the agent goes face down and it is my turn. Can I choose to attack the down model(taking him out automatically), or, since I am in HtH with another model, the mummy has bigger fish to fry than the guy on the ground?

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 03:34:49 PM »
Sure, How many ones should a man roll before he just calls it a night?  lol

I just think you need to quit buying Binary Dice.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 03:37:06 PM »
For #1, you didn't say if the Cultist was Face Up or Face Down.  I believe if he was Face Down, he can't do anything except try to stand up, so couldn't have tried to detonate.  If he was Face Up, he could have tried to detonate, but then wouldn't have been automatically killed when your figure was activated.

He was face up. Could you reference the page that states he can do nothing but get up? Reason I ask is, that you can still fight while down (just at penalty) and the same for "other actions" just because you are on your back does not mean you could not sing a song, compose a poem or push a button on a detonator.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 03:49:03 PM »
Here is a real question....

My Mummy was in HtH with Styx Hero and Agent, the agent goes face down and it is my turn. Can I choose to attack the down model(taking him out automatically), or, since I am in HtH with another model, the mummy has bigger fish to fry than the guy on the ground?

When I went back last night to read more, the best I could find is that if it is your turn you pick the fight as I read last night in the rules when we looked it up. In theory you could have killed him if that was the situation.

I know you charged the Mummy in, the guy was face down, the character went into a Frenzy and was in base to base. I think you could have killed the face down guy still but you opted to fight the character, that gave time for the Agent to stand up, then you opted to go after the chainsaw agent the next combat and he butchered the mummy.

Offline DoctorDuckButter

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »
When I went back last night to read more, the best I could find is that if it is your turn you pick the fight as I read last night in the rules when we looked it up. In theory you could have killed him if that was the situation.

I know you charged the Mummy in, the guy was face down, the character went into a Frenzy and was in base to base. I think you could have killed the face down guy still but you opted to fight the character, that gave time for the Agent to stand up, then you opted to go after the chainsaw agent the next combat and he butchered the mummy.

Right, I thought it was more cinematic, the agent went down to fear, and the hero rushes in a rage and prevents his death. Then the hero stood up and chainsawed a Mummy in half, it ruled!  :o

I just wanted to know the official ruling on this?

Also, can you do whatever you want in HtH? In most games if you are in base to base, you only option is HtH. Can you do whatever action you want, as long as you don't leave HtH? Can you shoot a different opponent? Cast a spell? Push a detonator? Twiddle your thumbs?  :?

Just want to know! 

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
Also, can you do whatever you want in HtH? In most games if you are in base to base, you only option is HtH. Can you do whatever action you want, as long as you don't leave HtH? Can you shoot a different opponent? Cast a spell? Push a detonator? Twiddle your thumbs?  :?

Just want to know! 

I would have thought not.
You would have your hands full enough, being in combat.

Although styx question regarding a Suicide Cultist detonating himself whilst in combat has gotten me thinking about it.
Maybe an addition to the Suicidal rule, allowing a character to do just that seems fair...