Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691047
  • Total Topics: 118365
  • Online Today: 809
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shocking Tales #3 Q&A  (Read 2510 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Shocking Tales #3 Q&A
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:37:17 PM »
Figure this would be best to open up a Q&A for Uncle Mike and company to answer a few questions:

1)   The Strange Case of HPL: With Lovecraft’s Non-combat ability, could you put him in the way to give cover since he cannot be hurt? I figure someone may be cheeky enough to try this out as it does not state you can’t benefit using him as a shield.

2)   Test Island #3: Since the BP restriction is no longer capped, a player could load up on extra agents/civies and such? Then after the series they could end up with more of a team than less? Sure, this adds more points for Lurkers but just a curious question.

3)   The Strange Case of HPL: If a Lurker is called into play by HPL, but there is no space to place him within range. What happens? Can’t be placed, ignore? Place them slightly further out until legal?

4)   The Strange Case of HPL: If you roll a creature are they stock? Ie, straight stats in the book or if say the models I have a shotgun, that I use for Degenerates (as an example) is that legal?
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
Re: Shocking Tales #3 Q&A
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:23:39 PM »
1)   The Strange Case of HPL: With Lovecraft’s Non-combat ability, could you put him in the way to give cover since he cannot be hurt? I figure someone may be cheeky enough to try this out as it does not state you can’t benefit using him as a shield.

Nobody wants to hurt HP, so you can't Shoot at/through him, or at models in base-to-base with him (though you can Charge a model in base-to-base with Lovecraft).  And yes, this means that cruel-minded Threshold operatives can use him as a human shield.

2)   Test Island #3: Since the BP restriction is no longer capped, a player could load up on extra agents/civies and such? Then after the series they could end up with more of a team than less? Sure, this adds more points for Lurkers but just a curious question.

Yup, though the likelihood of getting everyone off Test Island #3 intact is pretty darned slim.  And it could have been worse - you should have seen the original version of Scenario #6!  If you do manage to successfully extract that mega-squad, they will indeed carry on into regular games, though you'll obviously have to face some big nasties, and also won't be able to hire any new Agents or Civilians during Re-equip until you drop back under 15BP.

3)   The Strange Case of HPL: If a Lurker is called into play by HPL, but there is no space to place him within range. What happens? Can’t be placed, ignore? Place them slightly further out until legal?

I've actually never played this Dossier myself, and didn't really register the 3D6+3" when I was laying out the book.  21" is a long way...  Going to have to wait for a ruling from Mike on this one, but for now I'd assume that the Lurker is placed as far away as you can manage.  As for the target area being "full", note that it does read "at least", so you can place the model further out at your discretion.

4)   The Strange Case of HPL: If you roll a creature are they stock? Ie, straight stats in the book or if say the models I have a shotgun, that I use for Degenerates (as an example) is that legal?

HP's summoned Lurkers are the "stock" profile, and may not be assigned extra weapons or equipment.  In the event there's a choice (eg. one common weapon), I'd personally be inclined to roll randomly (this is, after all, coming from the chaos of HP's mind), but I can see where Lurker player's choice would be valid as well.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 03:09:02 PM »
Can the chainsaw be used in games outside of the Dunwich Black Dossier?

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
Generally special weapons are restricted to the case files but If your opponent agrees then I don't see why not.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline DoctorDuckButter

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »
Man, these sound awesome, I can't wait to play tonight!  :-*

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »
We never actually state that the Chainsaw (if found...) can only be used in Dunwich...most likely because everyone loves chainsaws...

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »
Generally special weapons are restricted to the case files but If your opponent agrees then I don't see why not.

True, but also those new weapons find their way onto the master weapons list in Morbid Adventures like the blowgun for example to name one...

So, i was curious if it was to go on the master or limited to the list...

And yes Uncle Mike....I LOVE CHAINSAWS!!!!  :o

May be using one tonight of DocDuckButter wants to allow them....already found a company that makes them on a sprue (just one on the weapon sprue) but is all I need!

Offline DoctorDuckButter

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »
May be using one tonight of DocDuckButter wants to allow them....already found a company that makes them on a sprue (just one on the weapon sprue) but is all I need!

Why wouldn't I, that is AWESOME!!!! I might make a caveat that you have to have a single barrel shotgun with that model too though.....Boomstick and all.... lol

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 04:29:15 PM »
Why wouldn't I, that is AWESOME!!!! I might make a caveat that you have to have a single barrel shotgun with that model too though.....Boomstick and all.... lol

Well, I found a site that sells chainsaws, so if you want me to get you a sprue for a conversion let me know tonight...

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 09:51:05 AM »
I would cheat if the Chainsaw was "black dossier Only", and use it my normal games...ssshhh please don't tell Uncle Mike!

Same with dogs and the associated skills, not mentioned if its Threshold only. But anyways i have an Lurker Cult leader who have a pair of attack dogs!, damn it nice to break the rules!

PS: Thanks for the miniature links!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:52:52 AM by Bergh »
-Brian Bjerregaard Bergh

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
We never actually state that the Chainsaw (if found...) can only be used in Dunwich...most likely because everyone** loves chainsaws...

**  Unless they have spent several hours with a big Stihl with a 20 inch bar clearing trees and dead fall.  Those damned things get HEAVY and hot.    :-[

I hates 'em!    lol
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »
http://www.studiominiatures.com/Shop/Survivors.html

Holy crap. I could spend all my money there.
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 04:48:07 PM »
This forum has been helping me spend all my money on lead and plastic for months!