Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:15:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 341
Total: 346

Recent

Author Topic: New ATZ Attribute (WIP)  (Read 994 times)

Offline Eldorf.Dragonsbane

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
    • Doug's Land of the Dead
New ATZ Attribute (WIP)
« on: November 16, 2012, 03:36:26 AM »
Well with Final Fade out in my hands (for a couple weeks now) along with Vampifan's FFO Roster Sheets I have been busy creating pre-generated characters for games.

One set of characters I have been working on creating are my version of Vampifan's Killer Klowns (yes I know PZ said no mentioning clowns a while back, but sorry, I need to in order to share this new attribute), Cirque du Infierno (loose translation Circus of Hell, reason for it being a loose translation Cirque is French for Circus while Infierno is Spanish for Hell). My gang will consist of not just clowns but also other members such as the Ringmaster, a Strongman, Roustabouts, Carnies, Knife thrower, and Sideshow freaks (Two headed freak, fire breather/eater, grotesque fat lady, gypsy/fortune teller, etc...).

The Idea for the attribute came about from one of the Horrorclix figures I have, Cannibal Clowns. This figure consists of 3 midget clowns on on top of the other in a pair of baggy clown pants. To accurately portray this as one figure I created the following attribute (which is also given to the two headed freak)

Hive Mind: What it does right now (remember this is still just a working draft of the attribute) is allows the figure to ignore the first Out Of Fight or Obviously Dead result against it, though it permanently has its rep and skills all reduced by 1, all other OOF and OD results are treated as normal. Hive Mind also grants the figure the Ambidexterous ability (limited to right handed weapon and one left handed weapon, or one two handed weapon).

The idea behind it is that the characters that make up the mini are so in sync with one another that they think as one entity (or are one two minds sharing one body in the case of the two headed freak). While they can survive losing one of the members (or in the case of the two headed freak one of the heads), it comes at a cost, due to the shock of the loss of one of its "minds" the figure will be unable to function on the level it was, hence the permanent -1 to Rep and all its skills. I added the ambidexterous ability to represent that the figure is made up of more then one individual (or heads) so it can attack with little to no penalty with a second weapon.

Now this attribute will basically only find use in my Cirque Du Infierno gang, unless I decide to have a two-headed mutie in ATH games.

Do you guys think this attribute is over powered? Under powered? or just right?

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
Re: New ATZ Attribute (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:16:57 AM »
At first glance it sounds OK to me, but as in all "custom" attibutes, you neet to playtest both sides of the deal, using the new character as an ALLY and as an ENEMY, to feel if the new characteristic umbalance the game.

Anyhow, if only one model can have it, may be an interesting twist for the survivors.

Best wishes.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline Eldorf.Dragonsbane

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
    • Doug's Land of the Dead
Re: New ATZ Attribute (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 03:52:03 AM »
Magokiron- Hive Mind is only meant to be an Attribute for a couple figures, the Cannibal Clowns and the von Bludd Brothers (from Horrorclix Freakshow expansion). For the Cannibal Clonws the ability reflects that the midget clowns seem to act as one entity even though there are three of them. While for Alex von Bludd, Freddie von Bludd and the Von Bludd Brothers figure (all three are the same figure just different strengths, Rookie, Experienced and Veteran) the ability represents that the figure is a set of conjoined (Siamese) twins.

This ability is meant to be more of a Side-Show Freak ability, and not for the everyday character.

I am working on another ability for the Horrorclix Freakshow figure Hungry/Big Bertha to represent her insatiable hunger and willingness to eat anything. I am currently unsure what to do for the ability.

I am also thinking of possibly creating an ability for the other Horrorclix Freakshow figures I have for my Cirque du Infierno gang.