Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:01:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Latin American Opponents, Quetzacoatl; The Feathered Serpent  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Latin American Opponents, Quetzacoatl; The Feathered Serpent
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:45:02 PM »
The newest opponents Quetzacoatl,The Feathered Serpent. Quetzacoatl was a pretty benign Aztec Diety. The god of knowledge and city living. I view them as aliens who came to drive out the Flayed ones, now that Xipe Totec has returned so have the Feathered Serpents. They still want to defeat the flayed ones but now that their back they don't like what happened to the Mesoamerican civilizations they saved and are taking it out on the new management. Quezalcoatl and his smaller consort are pre painted repainted Heroscape figures. The gentlemen in the sombreros are from Foundry. The large snake is from RAFM and the smaller from an uknown maker. I based  this group (loosely) on the vampire model from EoTD. I replaced the bat swarms with serpent swarms represented by the snake figs. Quetzalcoatl was fun to paint. I don't use brightly coloured metallics much and it was a nice change of pace.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Latin American Opponents, Quetzacoatl; The Feathered Serpent
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
These are Quetzalcoatl's human followers. I used a lot of red and yellow in the monster hunter and Xipe Totec groups so I went with grey, blues and greens for this lot. I think the figure with the machete looks like the Dos Equis spokesman. "I don't always follow extraterrestrials on a mission to defeat interdimensional horrors but when I do I choose Quetzalcoatl". lol