Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:35:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Utopia - scifi gaming project [22/12: terrain pg. 4]  (Read 12990 times)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box

Isnt there a small Predator scout ship in one of the movies? Before the credits maybe? Or does the ship design remind me of something from one of the comics?

Its a cool kitbash regardless, great work  8) 

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
I think pitching the mouse at an angle really breaks up it's form as being an old mouse to allows the viewer to see more what's it's meant to be instead. Nice work.

Thanks dijit! I did a lot of experimenting with the position of the ship. Just like you said, it really helps shake the mouse look.

Isnt there a small Predator scout ship in one of the movies? Before the credits maybe? Or does the ship design remind me of something from one of the comics?

Thanks cheetor! There is a Predator ship seen in the opening scene of the first film. Doesn't look like this one, though :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Now that is pretty genius.  Very cool.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius

Now that you ask i cant recall. BUT with that said, i know there have been many many "Predator" type movies, mostly B rated, over the years. There is one i am thinking of the ship like this. Wonder if we are thinking of the same movie. :-)

Grimm

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box

Wonder if we are thinking of the same movie. :-)

Could be :)

Below is the ship from "Predators".  The layout of the elements conforms with Manatics ship, but I dont think that the "Predators" ship is the one that I am thinking of.

This one is the ship from the first AvP movie I think.  Again, it has a similar look and pattern to Manatics ship, but again I dont think that its the ship that I am thinking of.

Its possible that the Action Fleet ship below is what I was thinking of, but the lines of that ship are less familiar.  I prefer the scratch build:

Anyway, none of that stuff really maters.  The scratchbuild rocks  8)

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
The latest game was played on Tuesday. This one featured Terminators!

As usual, some pictures:

Full game report here.

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
Re: Utopia - my new scifi gaming project [upd. 25/1 w/ new game report]
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 10:34:20 AM »
The campaign continues with a new game report here.

This picture pretty much sums it up:

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Utopia - my new scifi gaming project [upd. 22/2 w/ game report #5]
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 12:23:11 PM »
Nicely written AAR, I was willing Trill to get out of there by the end!

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
Lovely stuff! Those pics of the jungle set-up are especially great  :-*

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
A new planet and some all new challenges as I combine my two favourites: military SF and zombies!

See the game report here!

Offline doctor_ocks

• Librarian
    • My Lego Wargame Blog
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 04:20:36 AM »
This has been really entertaining! I normally glance through batreps, but these I've read word for word! You've got a great outlook on how friendly non-competitive games should be played. I'm not a role player but I want some purpose and narrative to the games I'm playing and it seems like you're providing this for your players.

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
Re: Utopia - my new scifi gaming project [upd. 27/3 w/ game report #6]
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 06:17:52 AM »
Thanks Doc! That's what I'm definitely trying to do. After years of playing WHFB I got really tired of the "playing only for winning" mentality, and have been on this road ever since. Also, I'm too lazy to run an actual RPG campaign, so this is a nice alternative :D

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 07:23:22 AM »
I really enjoyed that, as always, and look forward to the next installment. Nice to see the team all get out alive this time!

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 01:16:13 PM »
Thanks Doc! That's what I'm definitely trying to do. After years of playing WHFB I got really tired of the "playing only for winning" mentality, and have been on this road ever since. Also, I'm too lazy to run an actual RPG campaign, so this is a nice alternative :D

Do you have some sort of "bible" with all the background for your "universe"? I like the way you drop little tidbits of information on the biographies of the characters  ;)

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 02:18:39 PM »
Do you have some sort of "bible" with all the background for your "universe"? I like the way you drop little tidbits of information on the biographies of the characters  ;)
No, not really. A lot of the "relevant" information tends to get written down on the character sheets or the after action reports. We have intentionally left the universe undefined - that makes it easier to cram whatever we like into it. So far there have been references to Alien, Predator, Terminator, Blade Runner, Resident Evil and Neuromancer at least, as well as probably a fair few others that I've forgotten. It can be amazingly fun at times, as you can just build the world on the fly. If you think it would be cool to have something in the world, you can just mention it as a part of a character's history: "my character's parents died in the infamous robot assault on the maiden voyage of the New Titanic." You don't need any more details, as your imagination does the rest :D

I really enjoyed that, as always, and look forward to the next installment. Nice to see the team all get out alive this time!

Thanks! I'm happy to see them survive for a change...and so are the players!