Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:54:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Defiance Games German "meka"  (Read 7361 times)

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Re: Defiance Games German "meka"
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »
They got pipped to the post with the germans too. Some other company is putting out kick arse ones in plastic with the assistence of wargames factory. They look like nazis crossed with starwars stormtroopers.

What makes it even richer is that the other guys (Dreamforge Games) are using Wargames Factory for the moulding, and the sprue and assembled test shots are looking really sharp.

At least I hope they are, because I ordered a couple of boxed of them in the Kickstarter  ;D

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »
Time to move the Defiance stuff to the Fantasy board? After all, it's clear now that none of it is real and Tony lives in La La land.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »
Zinga... :D
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Tacgnol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
That walker has monstrous thighs. Once they pull the trigger there'll be photos of it getting out of limousines on the covers of all the gossip mechazines.

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 09:06:22 PM »
Defiance still has one very strong defence though, and that is at least they aren't mantic.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
Yep, Defiance may be spawned by the guys who left Wargames Factory --- they sure didn't bring the talent with them.  Their offerings have looked like complete crap so far.  A shame considering the artwork.
Yes well as with other instances.......artwork almost always very good and gives the impression that something really special is going to come from it. Alas....... mediocrety reigns supreme in miniature land.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 10:39:13 PM »
Defiance still has one very strong defence though, and that is at least they aren't mantic.

Mantic may have a bit of a reputation for being shameless self-promoters, but when it comes right down to it they produce the goods - on schedule and as promised.  Whether you like the goods is another matter; I reckon they've made some good stuff and some not-so-good stuff, but at least it exists.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 11:25:05 PM »
Oddly my opinion of Mantic's stuff has been quite fluid. I don't think I'll ever like their Elves, but I've been convinced of the virtue of most of their other stuff having seen it painted by others. It's amazing how many companies let their own product down with rubbish paint jobs or even more annoying, shit pictures, on their own websites.

Warlord's possibly the worst for poor paintjobs as their stuff painted by some others looks way better than on their site. Mantic's bad for pictures on some of their products. You know those ones you click on for a bigger view and the image stays the same size but just moves to the centre...

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »
Whether you like the goods is another matter; I reckon they've made some good stuff and some not-so-good stuff, but at least it exists
Much of the Mantic stuff is not my cuppa at all ("Space Dwarves..? But... That's silly" ~ spoken in the voice of Andy Chambers), but with that caveat I do like their Enforcers much better in the pix than anything Defiance has produces -- even when taking the price difference into consideration. But obviously I have never seen either "in the plastic" so I can't really absolutely vouch for my impression being right. Mantic also has some decent-looking stuff coming up for Dreadball.  It's a bit of a shame they seem to have gone for the "new 28mm" (AKA 30-something-mm) and not the "classic 28mm" scale for their humies or I'd be actually a bit excited.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 08:59:45 AM »
I find all of Mantic's miniatures to be very small personally (which I don't like).
No complaints on their quality though.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »
Perhaps their fantasy minis are indeed small, but that doesn't seem to apply to their scifi stuff -- well not all of it anyway:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=47016.0

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 09:24:33 AM »
I only have space rats and a wizard, they're tiny. Clearly the armoured up enforcers are a proper size but they'd tower over the figures I've got. I might have to get some. The wizard was a particular disappointment as I wanted him for a character figure.

The Defiance figure in those shots shines out for its crappiness which is all about its posing and proportions, the casting quality was ok on the sprues I was sent.

Maybe it's just as well they don't actually make stuff, the drawings are always nice :)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »
Where is Xeno with our official Defiance update?

;)
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »
Is there any news, then? :`

Real news? Like someone getting DFG minis and not just a false unverified statement? Released after the evil chinese commies (and two fifth column traitors) announce that production on their infinetely better "space germans" has started?

Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:37 AM »
Is there any news, then? :`

Real news? Like someone getting DFG minis and not just a false unverified statement?
A person claiming to be in the know disclosed on TMP that there is a deliberate communications blackout over at Defiance Games:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=288931

The first really relevant post to that effect is by Kristof65, posted 30 Dec 2012 3:02:
The good news is that, No, [Defiance Games] aren't out of business, they're still working on catching up with production. So those of you who have orders outstanding, keep emailing them.

Two, the [Defiance Games official forums] are down because they're doing something with them, but they won't say what.

Apparently DFG has decided to go with a policy of simply being quiet and addressing the issues they're having internally instead of trying to make excuses. Tony has apparently told everyone at DFG to be quiet [...] even though he actually said very little beyond "we're still here, and there is a good reason the forums are down, but it's not a sinister one."