Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:59:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 728
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Orc tents  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
Orc tents
« on: March 29, 2008, 12:36:53 AM »
Well I started this project about a year ago.  Got one tent finished and the other six just sat around gathering dust but now I'm doing a spring project roundup trying to finish up old terrain projects before I clutter my shelves with new projects so here they are.  They are made from sticks and scraps of muslin and terry cloth.  There are some notes on my blog about their construction.  

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Orc tents
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 04:53:42 AM »
Someday i hope I can finish things I started a year ago... two years ago...three years ago... etc.  Thanks for your blog, very impressive stuff there.
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline BlackStatic

• Librarian
Orc tents
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:56:34 AM »
Nice!  8)
If u finish the other parts of the camp make sure to post pics

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Orc tents
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 05:32:32 AM »
Really cool! I've been experimenting with building tents lately as well (only ones in more of a bedouin or berber style). I'm just a bit confounded by how to give them accessible interiors without making them too complicated to build.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
Orc tents
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 05:55:54 AM »
Quote from: "Rhoderic"
Really cool! I've been experimenting with building tents lately as well (only ones in more of a bedouin or berber style). I'm just a bit confounded by how to give them accessible interiors without making them too complicated to build.

Yeah I've kinda got myself stuck on camps lately.  I'd really like to make some more traditional walled tents.  Also I'd like to come up with some knightly pavilions that I could have interiors for or at least have the flaps pulled back with the interior showing.  Most tents are too small though to make interiors practical or desirable.

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
Orc tents
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 06:02:53 AM »
Quote from: "bandit86"
Someday i hope I can finish things I started a year ago... two years ago...three years ago... etc.  Thanks for your blog, very impressive stuff there.

Actually right now it's making me crazy.  Especially the unfinished terrain projects I have laying about.  I had several projects laid out for the rest of the year but I'm about to say screw it and start in on all the unfinished figs I have laying around.  I started to do that last year but got sidetracked.  I've got so many half painted figs or figs that just need bases or shields or some stupid detail that wouldn't take all that much to sort out.  

I'm moving out of my house in a month into a very small apartment 60 miles away where I won't be able to do large scale terrain projects or anything much that involves power tools.  I don't want to move a bunch of half finished crap thats been sitting on my shelves for years.  I may have to put a large number of figs and projects into storage or just give away some of my lead mountain.  There is a shop I know of that might take some of it as store credit so I may cart a boxload of figs down there and turn them in for a few things I might actually use.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Orc tents
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 01:42:17 PM »
Quote from: "Ironworker"
.......or just give away some of my lead mountain.  

:o  :?

Is that legal?  

Be it on your own head :lol: